TechSpot

YouTube removing 15 minute upload length, for some

By Emil
Dec 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. YouTube videos are about to get longer. The company says it is lifting the 15-minute limit on uploaded videos, beginning with a subset of users. These individuals have never violated copyright rules and have followed YouTube's community guidelines. Some content owners that partner with YouTube have already been able to upload longer videos but this step will remove the limit for everyone.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,348   +398

Man, I have no idea how they host the amount of videos they do. And now they're allowing larger videos. Their server farms must be the size of a small country.

3. Mischief007

Mischief007 TS Rookie

Actually that is something I'd like to see in person. It would be interesting to see how YouTube handles the storage aspect and growth at the same time. Plus the monitoring, temperature control, etc.

4. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

This is great news. I wonder how much they pay their isp O_o

5. bakape

bakape TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

Wouldn't be surprised, if Google had their own private ISP.

6. I just googled to find out about google servers :p. and its costs 2 million dollars a month in electrics to run the servers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.