YouTube video download

Yes, you can download videos from youtube and then burn it to your dvd.
There are many softwares available to download videos from youtube,alternatively,there may be an extension or plug-in for your browser to serve this purpose.

You only need Google Chrome or Opera web browser to download videos.
Let a video load, meanwhile, go to cache, and look for the growing file, change the .tmp(Opera, cant remember Chrome's) to .flv(Vlc media player reads it)

What are the proper codecs, I have directx 9.0c?

Mark, directx alone isn't going to help you out here, your going to need some actual "codec's" to install on your system to get the job done. The following link will guide you to some good codec's for you to choose from. It's pretty much all safe, so don't worry to much, just download what you need and things probably will work out fine!

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectShow_FilterPack.htm

Good luck......:)

Sure.

You see, when you are watching a video on Youtube, the video itself gets temporary stored on your harddrive while having the tab/site open. hehe

Now, the method I use on Opera browser, is:

In Opera, the cache is stored at default in win 7 is,
C:\Users\------your name?------\AppData\Local\Opera\Opera\cache

Make sure that you sort by Date modified/edited in this folder. (in sub folders, sort by size)
Now go to a video in Youtube and let it load. while it is loading, you go back to the cache folder and right-click, update.
The folder who is modified, or a folder that just popped up, look into that/those folder(s), and look for the growing .tmp file.
A good way find it more quickly , is to sort by size (biggest on top)
When the video is fully loaded, copy the file, paste it somewhere, right-click, rename, remove .tmp at the end and write .flv
oh, make sure you show the extensions to the file-types.

Now double-click and enjoy it on VLC media player.

IDM usage

Try Internet Download Manager it's very easy to use. You can download video from youtube and even uploaded on facebook video.

I downloaded internet download manager from getgo but I'm unable to figure out how to play a video with windows media player.

I downloaded internet download manager from getgo but I'm unable to figure out how to play a video with windows media player.

Maybe it's a bit late for saying this now; but there is a program called "YouTube Downloader HD" - it's free, it's fast and it's suuuuuuper easy to use!

[Download link]

It's kept up-to-date with the YouTube site itself, and it can easily (and fast) convert downloaded films to .AVI (or .FLV) which Windows Media Player can read and play.

And as the name epinomously suggests; it can also download HD-films from YouTube.

Even though it is a piece of 100% freeware - it will stop 'working' once bi-monthly - because YouTube frequently updates their site. But do not worry, simply start YouTube Downloader and press 'Update' - and it'll start working again.

I definitely think it will suit your needs.

(Otherwise: )

There is a 100% free 'Combined Community Codec Pack' (CCCP :p ) that has almost ALL the frequently used codecs. It's basically a plugin for Windows Media Player (and some other players) - and it installs more or less every codec available. So you'll be able to run .FLV in WMP as well!

keepvid.com has worked well for me in the past. Just paste the URL of the YouTube video in the field, and it'll present you FLV or MP4 files with various quality to download. If there's a HD version, you'll be given that option as well. Nothing to install.

You can use Firefox to add an plug-in which called Youtube Downloader to download the video, and then find a professional tool to convert your video to DVD format and burn into DVD disc.

Back