Youtube will not play on Mozilla Firefox anymore

cableman

I have the 64 bit version of windows 7 on a Dell Precision T5400 Desktop. A few weeks ago I upgraded firefox to the 64 bit version not knowing that it has lots of problems with it. All my websites were still working fine but today I clicked on my youtube bookmark and it will not play. I have googled the problem but everyone seems confused at this problem and have no fixes. I un-installed firefox and re-installed the 32 bit version but still have the same problem. Can someone tell me how to fix this ?? I have used Mozilla Firefox for years but it has become problematic.

Try to uninstall again, then go into %appdata% and delete everything firefox in there.
hit program files and remove any firefox folders.
reinstall the 32bit and see if this fixes the issue.

Just for information sake, there's far better browsers to use than firefox. They have never built their own browser.
When they first came out they were a rebranded netscape browser, they did update the coding, but then to make things easier and become more current they rebranded opera.
While they were better back in the day than IE, they aren't making any sort of strides like the rest of the browser companies out there. It's mostly a cash grab leeching onto others hard work and security updates in order to make money of the users. All browser companies do the same tactics to generate money, but I'm not a supporter of leeches.

Try to uninstall again, then go into %appdata% and delete everything firefox in there.
hit program files and remove any firefox folders.
reinstall the 32bit and see if this fixes the issue.

Just for information sake, there's far better browsers to use than firefox. They have never built their own browser.
When they first came out they were a rebranded netscape browser, they did update the coding, but then to make things easier and become more current they rebranded opera.
While they were better back in the day than IE, they aren't making any sort of strides like the rest of the browser companies out there. It's mostly a cash grab leeching onto others hard work and security updates in order to make money of the users. All browser companies do the same tactics to generate money, but I'm not a supporter of leeches.
For some of those that are ignorant, (like me) could you possibly give an easy path on how to get to %appdata% ?? Thank you :)

Try alternatives like Opera or Chrome. Firefox was once my preferred browser but now I mainly use Opera and Microsoft Edge. When a particular browser is a problem it pays to test out alternatives. Unfortunately, many on the forum are resistant to change and prefer to bang their heads against the wall.

Drop into a command prompt
now type ECHO %APPDATA%

I get \user\login\AppData\Roaming

Works just the same with Windows 10 for those able to keep up with Microsoft. Open the File Explorer folder and replace Quick access with %appdata%. If no joy move on to another browser or continue efforts to get Firefox to run. A new version may come out that works for you or you could trawl through older versions. This is just a minor inconvenience in the joy of owning a PC. :)

Back