TechSpot

YouTube's copyright crackdown: What you need to know

By Julio Franco
Dec 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We're in the second week of a YouTube copyright enforcement crackdown whose most visible effects have been on the video gaming community. Each day turns up a new example of a video getting thrown in YouTube jail on a ridiculous...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,191   +246

Blame google for being pathetic they have no customer service except their customers doing the customer service and guess what once a error or problem comes up on youtube then either suck it up or wait until it gets seen by lots of people enough people to make google employees see it.

Google is meant to be this massive internet company with billions under its belt yet it fails at the simplest things... seriously someone needs to run youtube properly or else it will sink like it currently is...

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,715   +89

The two Founder's of Youtube should have kept the service as is. I lost 158 videos I had created which was me talking and teaching others how-to-do things with PCs and the house appliances. Also the dog doing pet tricks. I had over 27 million views total on my stuff. Google changed everything sure too much nonsense on youtube and everyone is posting anything they want some stuff shouldn't be on their also.

They just turning it into Family Videos Site in the end. If you run a business online and want to teach others how-to-do things well don't expect Google to stand by you.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  4. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Enthusiast Posts: 233   +7

All you have to do it turn off ads and then add a resolution response of

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

5. Dear Techspot before posting "articles" from sites like ummm Kotaku or whatever please filter out any blasphemy and or other words that do not belong in a good piece journalism in the first place !

I am sure a fair portion of your readership will agree especially with it being CHRISTMAS and all !!!

6. Uh....okay? NOT even sure what's the point of this comment, but alright.

7. Guest #1 is a Bible thumper...ignore.
    Which is strange...what is a Bible thumper doing on a tech site!? ...on any site, for that matter? :p

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,262   +1,551

Beware possible false accusations.
    Why does a "Anti-Bible Thumper" tend not to have the same moral high grounds? I tend to disregard those without morals, regardless of biblical status. Here you are judging someone with moral ethics (as well as professional) as being a "Bible Thumper". Yet there was not one quoted verse, strengthening their position.

9. EClyde

EClyde TS Booster Posts: 197   +25

Great article.

10. Primitive impetuous humans.

11. All your videos are belong to us.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,262   +1,551

This is sarcasm fail, because it is a true statement. Any file being hosted can be deleted by the host, because they are responsible for content under their domain. Joint ownership might be a better suited term, but every file uploaded to their domain is theirs for the duration of your share.

13. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,715   +89

Ads always block by me. They can do anything they want. I had watch one guy lose it on Youtube because they had pulled all his videos. Crying on another account and posting it back on Youtube not going to make them reverse what they did to you. A lot of their own videos sites instead. Best to use a different host to host your videos and call it a day.

14. What's Xmas got anything to do with it?

15. theruck

theruck TS Rookie Posts: 48

All this nonsense is just for google not to end up like pirate bay. they think that their technical solution for pirated content will save them from any lawsuit or from being an excuse in someones lawsuite

16. oomjcv

oomjcv TS Rookie

Guys, why insult God's name? Completely unnecassary. No-one will ever read an article and go "gee...what a stupid article! these writers aren't swearing or using God's name!"

17. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,984   +957

Let's all sing, and get into the "Christmas Spirit"......

"God rest you merry guest posters, let all things you dismay. Remember "Jobs the Savior" was not born Christmas Day"!

And a heart felt, "bah humbug", to you and yours........:p

(For the truly obtuse, "guest", that needs to be sung to the tune of, "God Rest You Merry Gentleman").

Epilog:
    Christmas has nothing to do with anything attached to this thread, as you obviously suspected. It will however, have a great deal to do with Easter. That's when Steve Jobs comes out from behind his rock, and tells us if there will be six more weeks of winter without a new model iPhone.

And yeah, y'all caught me, none of the foregoing has anything to do with this thread either. I just added a bit of "color commentary.

18. I'm only dragged to church on holidays by my family, and I find the use of swear words like these taint an-otherwise legitimate article. Techspot, take the higher ground on language, please. There are enough 8 year olds on daddy's XBL account screaming obscenities already, the world doesn't need them posing as legitimate online journalists on technical sites.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.