Z77 motherboard issues

By sdg-400
May 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just installed a ASRock Z77 Pro 3 motherboard c/w Intel 3570K processor. My problem is my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is preventing the motherboard from recognizing my "C" drive and therefore not allowing the computer to boot. When I use a wired mouse, everything works just fine and computer boots as long as I disconnect the Microsoft Wireless Mouse Receiver v1.0
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,768   +1,428

Can you connect the receiver after you have booted without it?
  3. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

I'd post your issue on the ASRock Support Forums. They may have an updated BIOS for your motherboard. Of course in the short run you can always use your wired mouse.
  4. hood6558

hood6558 TechSpot Booster Posts: 292   +44

I am also preparing to build a Z77 system, so I read a LOT of MB reviews. Like you, I want the cheapest board that has the features I need, as long as it has no issues. After reading the NewEgg reviews on every Asrock Z77 board, I came to the conclusion that Asrock quality control sucks, their designs are iffy, and I will never buy a board from them. About half of the reviews are negative, with a full 25% D.O.A. Every manufacturer ships a certain percentage of DOA boards but 25% is ridiculous. As for the rest of the negative reviews, most pertain to inherent design flaws and boards that die after a week or a month. To me it looks like Asus has the best track record, and even so their customer service really sucks. These days I don't trust ANY board to arrive with zero issues, so if you get a good one, you're very lucky. My MSI board has issues as well, but at least it works. Good Luck!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.