Just a quick note...

By on May 14, 2004, 4:58 AM
A quickie before I go to bed... here's a picture of my computer room, or the TechSpot office, whichever you want to call it... don't forget to upload any worth a look pics in our gallery.

Masque said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Julio [/i]A quickie before I go to bed... [/quote] Lucky duck! ;) {runs like hell}
Nic said:
Maybe someday you'll get around to fixing the image loading issue when a firewall (e.g. ZoneAlarm, Norton, etc.) is used. This is the only website I've noticed that suffers from this problem, and it is unreasonable to require users to disable their firewall in order to view gallery pics.
Masque said:
I've not noticed this.....using Sygate's free firewall.
Nic said:
Here's a link to the original thread (dated Sep 2003) ...[URL=http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadi
=7528&highlight=firewall+gallery+pictures]Gallery suggestions and problems[/URL][quote][i]Originally posted by Julio [/i]... As for the firewall problem, I have explained before that the cause of this is most likely server side protection I have enabled so that pictures from the gallery can't be used or called from outside websites (stealing our bandwidth), perhaps we could do without this protection but we would be taking such risk, what do you guys believe I should do? ... [/quote] Why not allow viewing of the gallery to logged in users only. That should do the trick.
Phantasm66 said:
Hmm... I am using Zone Alarm and I have never had this...
Godataloss said:
Julio- So that's where all the magic happens? My gf gets miffed if I have a quickie in front of the pc before bed.[url]http://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo
331[/url]My newly renovated home office- and already a mess.
Nic said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Phantasm66 [/i]Hmm... I am using Zone Alarm and I have never had this... [/quote] Maybe you could tell us your firewall version and settings. I've used ZoneAlarm Pro since v2 and I am using the latest build now. No pics show up unless I disable my firewall. :confused:Update: I can get it to work if I set the 'Cookie Control' to 'OFF' instead of 'MED'. :)
BrownPaper said:
i wonder why the privacy settings (cookie control, ad blocking, mobile code) in Zonealarm Pro only work while using IE. with cookie control set at medium in Zonealarm Pro, i get the problem you guys are mentioning in regards to the gallery.however, if i use firefox, i can see the gallery but that probably means my privacy settings with Zonelalarm are not working. :confused:
olefarte said:
I'm using MyIE2, with ZA Pro, and don't have any prolems with the pics. I've got cookies set to medium and ad blocking is on default, except animation is allowed, (unchecked).
Nic said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by BrownPaper [/i]i wonder why the privacy settings (cookie control, ad blocking, mobile code) in Zonealarm Pro only work while using IE. [/quote] I am using Opera v7.50.
TS | Thomas said:
Displays just fine here with Mozilla Firebird & Internet Explorer with the latest free ZoneAlarm active.
Per Hansson said:
Just to not be left out alone I've posted a pic of my own desktop now:[url]http://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo
335[/url]
shnig said:
Im sufferingf the same problem and I'm using norten. hope this helps.
Spike said:
I'm using Sygat personal firewall pro, and right now, IE6. I have no problems with viewing pics.
Nic said:
[URL=http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13085
Cast your vote on the gallery issue over here ...[/URL]