Be launches 24 meg broadband

By Derek Sooman on September 26, 2005, 1:51 PM
Today in the UK, Be is starting up its 24 megs for £24 a month unbundling (LLU) broadband ISP service. Available currently only in certain parts of London, the service underwent trial over the last couple of weeks, with reports of users achieving speeds of 18.5 meg on average.

In a statement Be boss Dana Pressman said that the ISP was "simply better value than any other broadband service from any other provider".

Be costs £24 a month and also requires an upfront connection fee of £24. Pricing details and availability can be found on Be's web site BeThere.co.uk. ®

boonkoh said:
I just signed up for BeThere, and will be activated in about 2 weeks time. Their customer service via email is quite good so far... sent 5 emails, and each replied within 24 hours, from a name that sounded English and not from halfway around the world. When I signed up, it was 20 a month, but I guess that was the promotion period. BeThere is cheaper compared to others... 24 quid for 24MB, free wifi router, and 3 month contract only. In comparison, Bulldog is 29 quid for 8MB, no modem/router.Anyways, what they don't tell you on the signup form is that if you enter a member's email address under "referrer", you get the first month free. So if you don't know any members yet, you can use my email address: boon.koh***@***imperial.ac.uk (remove the ***'s).
r_amin03 said:
I have been with 'Be' 24Meg Broadband for over 2 months. great service and only £24....wow! They also give you a great 'BeBox' wireless router. If you join refer me: r_amin03@hotmail.com you get 1 MONTH FREE.
mahgoub said:
I’ve been a “be” customer for the past three months it's been a great experience. The customer service is exceptional and second to none, initial setup just took five days to finalize. I ‘am currently on 24mb of bandwidth which may seem excusive but for £24.00 it’s extremely cheap and no 12 months contract (great bonus). Also by using my e-mail address as referred ukengineer@gmail.com you get yourself 1 MONTH absolutely free how is that for a bargain ???.I’m getting around 22/24mb download on my desktop which isn’t that bad 
Be Unlimited said:
Hi everyone,Thanks for all the positive posts from our members – we really appreciate the support, but do not condone the abuse of our ‘Refer a friend’ programme. The programme is designed to reward people who personally recommend Be to their friends and family.Be reserves the right to disqualify any ‘Refer a friend’ referral that is as a result of a publicly advertised email address. Upon disqualification, neither member will receive a free month, and the member advertising their referral email in a public forum will no longer qualify for free broadband for life.Please, however, do continue spreading the word to your personal contacts who may not be aware of Be and you will be well rewarded as a result.Kind regards,Brett ColesHead of Member Services.
24meg said:
I am with BE Broadband (www.bethere.co.uk). Fast, reliable, no bandwidth cap, splendid connection 24/7 and about 14Meg of download speeds overall(as I am a bit far from the exchange). Support doesn't cost me a penny because they have a local 0121 number for support and if you're receiving free national call credit on your phone package like meself it's absolutely free. I would rate them over 90% on all departments so far.And if you decide to sign up with them, why not why not save £54 or more? See below...1) Sign up through Quidco to receive £24 cashback2) Use promotional code EXCHANGE100 before the 26th of May06 and pay only £20 a month for life and receive free connection.You can still use STUFF, POWERBE, VIVAREV OR VIVABE to receive a full month free should this not work.3) Use my email address 24MEG@HUSH.COM as the referrer to receive £10 in cash by Personal Cheque, Bank transfer, Nochex or Moneybookers
quadraspaz said:
This service is one of the best in the UK at the present time. I migrated from UKOnline who were also impressive just more expensive- £29.99 for 24 meg. The speed of the service you will receive depends greatly on how far you reside from your local exchange (I currently average around 16 meg) however as mentioned above this is not an issue for me due to all the pros this company offer- no bandwidth throttling, decent upload speeds (1300kbs), no yearly contract, free wireless ADSL2+ modem (this is actually leased to you for return if you leave the service - fair enough I say). By the way if anyone wishes to get their first month free please use my email address: leon.grant@gmail.com when you sign up. Enjoy