Cooler Master brings new NanoFusion compound to market

By Justin Mann on December 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cooler Master is introducing their new NanoFusion Thermal Grease. When it comes to a performance system, proper use of thermal materials makes or breaks everything, from airflow to heatsinks to fans to thermal compound. In this case, Cooler Master is claiming that their new compound is more efficient than the current most popular type, with a very low thermal resistance. They post their own specifications, and while the drops are minimal at best, often even minimal means everything to an overclocker. How it will actually perform in real life scenarios remains to be seen.

asphix said:
Awesome, and its not electrically conductive like Arctic Silver III. I'm not sure if theres a new product other than Arctic Silver thats come around since I was paying attention to such things.. but I know Arctic Silver was a pain simply for the fact that if you missed at all you could potentially short circuit whatever it is your working on.. be it your processor, motherboard or video card.
mentaljedi said:
Interesting but not big news. Hopefully we'll be updated about its sucess.
nathanskywalker said:
Well, nice but don't think it's that big of a deal. Helpful possibly, but if your not a major gamer, just a little extra heat won't hurt you. but hey, if it works, go for it.
PanicX said:
The latest version of Artic Silver claims to also be non-conductive, however with a 99% silver ratio I wouldn't be insulating wires with it. What I want to know is if it's odorless. I really despise the smell of artic silver when it heats up on a fresh install.
Eleventeen said:
I wonder how good this will perfrom against AS. I think to a point though, all compounds will work basically the same against any other brand. I think thermal grease can only get so good, but hey, I'm usually wrong.
Kaleid said:
I remember seeing a test where they tried toothpaste of all things and it outperformed all thermal compounds ;)Not the most suitable to use as a long term solution I suppose...
Bartzy said:
LOL PanicX :)asphix, you are a bit not updated. there already is Arctic Silver 5.All of this thermal greases are the same. I once had an Arctic silver 5, OCZ, arctic-cooling MX1 and I wanted to know which one to use. I tested them all and there was no significance difference. In the end - It's all the same. Just don't use those generic greases, You can't know what's in there.
Kev_Boy said:
I'll be very interested in the reviews that are bound to be popping up sooner or later now, perhaps The Tech Spot themselves can get a hold of some of this grease?
PUTALE said:
it would be interesting to see the direct comparison of this htermal compound to AC5. Maybe finally some company can compete with the great AC5/
otmakus said:
Before the real reviews from real tests come up, I don't think anybody will buy this new grease. And one very important factor forgotten by everyone is: How much does it cost?
Mictlantecuhtli said:
[b]Originally posted by Bartzy:[/b][quote]All of this thermal greases are the same. I once had an Arctic silver 5, OCZ, arctic-cooling MX1 and I wanted to know which one to use. I tested them all and there was no significance difference. In the end - It's all the same. Just don't use those generic greases, You can't know what's in there.[/quote]Why would it matter what's 'generic grease' made out of? It's meant to be put between the CPU core and the heatsink only. It makes no difference if it conducts electricity there or not.
luismigilbert said:
I'm not sure nanofusion thermal grease is going to help.. processors are heating like hell cause speed..but for a few dollars, it worth a try...