TechSpot in Spanish opens its doors

By on July 2, 2006, 6:35 PM
We are proud to announce the beta launch of TechSpot in Spanish. Just like your favourite PC enthusiast website does, we plan and hope to deliver the best computer and technology information through this new portal which will target all spanish speaking countries. We will be keeping you posted on more breaking news that are being cooked behind scenes.

crossfire851 said:
Too bad I don't speak spanish
canadian said:
Weeeee *Runs in circles*.Whats the delay in updating the spanish part going to be?
wolfram said:
Great! I`m already a member of the new comunity! I really hope it gets as good as here!
buttus said:
YAY for TECHSPOT!!!!Congrats to Julio and company. Your hard and dilligent work is very much appreciated by your loyal following.Congratulations.
blue_dragon said:
hmm i cant use my username in the spanish version..hmmm
Julio said:
The spanish site uses a separate database, this was the best way to go. However, just like the english site, the account you open should work for the comments and the forums without a problem.
wild9 said:
Spanish-speaking countries? This pretty much cover most of the American South-West..
Didou said:
Does that mean we'll start having Spanish spoken threads in the forums now ? ;-)
Julio said:
Separate DB, separate forums... bigger TechSpot overall with broader audience but most likely the two sites won't meet since the targets are different. In the other hand, if this indeed makes us stronger then you can expect more content and work being done to the english website.
howard_hopkinso said:
Excellent idea Julio.The bigger the Techspot audience the better as far as I`m concerned.The spanish speaking countries will provide an awful lot of potential Techspot members.I`d like to wish you every success with the new site.Regards Howard.
atk spade said:
I think Howard pretty much said it all. I wish TS in spanish the same success that this TS has had.