Windows Vista launched today

By on January 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
After years of development, the much anticipated release of Windows Vista took place today on a worldwide product launch. With months if not years of coverage on every small detail regarding Microsoft's new flagship OS, there is not much left to say other than we recommend you give it a try whenever possible. All new PCs from major manufacturers will start shipping with Vista immediately, and if you are in for buying it right now, you may want to check on some deals that are available out there.

Also check out Bill Gates interview on the Daily Show from last night (thanks Neowin):

Video: Bill Gates on the Daily Show - Part 1

Enter here for Part 2.

barfarf said:
Ha! I like the way the host trys to find out Bill's password by asking about the name of his favorite pet. Of course watching this video make me realize how much a nerd bill gates is. No surprise there. =)
nathanskywalker said:
WAHHHOOOO!! VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O Ok, show's over. Wow, you know, I don't think I've ever actually watched an interview with Bill gates before, and I din't like the host very much, mabye because I don't watch tv. Wow, well, this day is going down in my book for historical moments, the moment I decided to switch from Microsoft, to Linux :). Vista? Nice, looks pretty, but I'm going open source, so long MS.
buttus said:
Woo frickin' who.As the Police would say "Move along...nothing to see here. Please go about your business and move along".Let me state a fact. I WILL absolutely be moving to Vista. However, I believe the real question in most peoples minds isn't if, but when.When relies on supporting hardware to take advantage of the OS as well as matured drivers FOR that OS. DX 10 will be my primary reason for migrating as it will be for the many gamers out there. Personally I am awaiting the next gen ATI products to come along in order to justify the added expense of a new OS.Bottom line here is that in order for me to upgrade my pc, I basically have to buy an entire new PC from the ground up. My current puter is a AMD Athlon 64 - 3400+. I have 2gb of PC3200 DDR, a Nvidia 6800 GT OC AGP card. As it stands now, I need a new processor...that requires a new chipset (and thus new mainboard), new RAM to go along with the processor and mainboard, a new Video Card which is PCI-e, new hybrid hard disks....and hell, since I am at it a new OS.That's a pretty expensive upgrade if you ask me.So, kudos to Microsoft for putting out a product much later then it was supposed to, with less features then it was supposed to....and giving us absolutely no real sense of urgency or incentive to actually run to the store to upgrade our Operating Systems.
---agissi--- said:
* I havnt watched the video yet because I dont have sound on this PC.*I think you people need to get in line for a whippin', Mr. "Buttus" especially.Why do DOG Bill Gates like he and anything that comes out of his business is trash? [quote]So, kudos to Microsoft for putting out a product much later then it was supposed to, with less features then it was supposed to....and giving us absolutely no real sense of urgency or incentive to actually run to the store to upgrade our Operating Systems.[/quote]Yeah it was late, that happens, its called life. It has less features than it was supposed to.. get over it! Whine whine whine, about this and that, when really, it is an IMPROVEMENT. And hey - maybe its not an improvement to you, but overall it is. I just dont see why you even waste your time commenting. If you dont like what Microsoft made.. then who cares, dont buy it, get something else, and move on. When a new Mac comes out I dont get on the Mac forums and talk about everything a Mac doesnt have and try to persuade others as to why they are POS because it doesnt have stuff Apple said it would, or have stuff I wish it did.I dont know how old you chaps are (the top two more specifically) but I think maybe you and other similar persons should move on.. and no, Im NOT buying, getting, or installing Vista for a long time to come.
canadian said:
Lol, told by agissi
CrossFire851 said:
You'r gonna need some sunblock for that burn.
tomei said:
Bill Gates - Former Microsoft CEOIs A Very, Very Rich. Agreed?All this talk about VISTA has remindedme of MLM profits. How to make money onthe internet is easy with my *****-proofprofit system. Just duplicate what I'mdoing to generate a residual income.Here, check it out for yourself:[url]http://www.gurupal.com/system/seriousmoneypdf.
tml[/url]Bill Gates is very wealthy.Find Out How To Create Wealth For Yourself Here:[url]http://www.gurupal.com/system/seriousmoneypdf.html
/url]