Pirated copies of GTA IV hit torrent sites

By on April 23, 2008, 1:56 PM
With less than a week until launch, a PAL version of Grand Theft Auto IV began to emerge on torrent sites earlier today. Apparently, a group called “iCON” got their hands on a copy and ripped it, making the 6.32GB download available to all.

The leaked game will apparently play on either a debug 360 or a modded console and is only compatible with the PAL television format – which means people in Europe, Australia, Japan and parts of Asia should be able to play the file. This isn’t the first time a GTA title has been leaked early, as it happened to San Andreas also a week before release. It will be interesting to see what Rockstar does in response.

God Of Mana said:
Yeah, this always happens with games that have made a name for itself....I wonder how iCON got it though, probably Beta Testers?
black_adder said:
Im guessing testers too, Rockstar might want to investigate their Staff ;-D
thejedislayer said:
God Of Mana said:
[b]Originally posted by thejedislayer:[/b][quote]They have nothing to ***** about. That game promotes stealing, etc. So, iCON is only living up to the game's reputation. Although, still wrong.[/quote]Yeah, the game does, but its still fun. :)
ColdFusion1990 said:
Omg, I can't wait for this game to come out
Prosercunus said:
[b]Originally posted by thejedislayer:[/b][quote]They have nothing to ***** about. That game promotes stealing, etc. So, iCON is only living up to the game's reputation. Although, still wrong.[/quote]You know what? You cant argue with that. LOLIts like calling the cops cause someone stole your crack.
fullmetalvegan said:
More like, it's like calling the cops cause someone stole crack off you that you always steal. =P
trinitibt said:
As long as this game took to produce, they should have been able to make the graphics a LOT better for the next gen consoles. I downloaded the trailers and was shocked. I was not impressed at all. I was expecting some wow factor along the the creative genius of the game this round. I guess I will just see how everybody reacts to the game before buying it.
9Nails said:
thejedislayer said:
Well, I'm sure it's a different story in all the games; however, I find it just entirely repetitive to play the GTA games. The basic story is there behind all of them.
windmill007 said:
Don't feel sad..The ones at the bottom get paid what promised. The big guys are the only ones hurt by piracy. So they only make 10 Million verse 16 Million. Most Pirates wouldn't buy the game anyways but game companies never figure that into there numbers. I just wish we could pirate gas. They guys at the top need some taken out of ther billions of monthly profits! Now thats wrong.
TimeParadoX said:
[b]Originally posted by windmill007:[/b][quote]I just wish we could pirate gas. They guys at the top need some taken out of ther billions of monthly profits! Now thats wrong.[/quote]That's actually a real thing that could be done, Although you would not be using Gasoline any more. Most cars can be modified to use vegetable oil to run the car, If you do that you'll pretty much pirate gas and won't need to pay for it... except for when you run out of vegetable oil and have to get more. ;)
socrfan said:
[b]Originally posted by 9Nails:[/b][quote]I find this sad. I don't see any thrill in taking something from the developers who deserve to be paid for their many hours spent away from their families, worried about meeting deadlines and missing the birth of the many babies that were likely born during this games development. But, I also find it sad that this very same group of people will be the least paid bunch, and that a select few above their heads will take the largest slice of cake.[/quote]If they were "away from their families" and there were "many babies" born then they weren't THAT busy.
Loquacious1 said:
Made me grin. Doesn't get more 'instant karma' than this. Not exactly into debates on benefits or adverse effects of theft, but it's clear the majority would not like their cars stolen anymore than Rockstar likes their products passed out free. Comes around, goes around Rockstar... Never played this game even though I do others, none pirated out of respect for developers and teams which work hard to create them. Majority of die hard gamers don't pirate games for that matter in knowing this is what kills the market they support. Personally it could never provide thrills to 'virtually' become despicably criminal anymore than glorify the gangsta' lifestyle which permeates and plagues society more now than ever. This game is most idealized and coveted by impressionable children. It perpetuates a problem which endangers their lives, an idealized concept they are too young to grasp. Companies which do anything to make a buck deserve whatever comes at them. Show societal responsibility is all people ask, and it's not too much for those who wish to live in a safer environment. I'm glad they got ripped! Now iCON needs to get busy making an NTSC version... and bury them.