Left 4 Dead free trial on Steam for 24 hours

By on April 30, 2009, 8:39 PM
Valve has announced that the popular co-operative zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead, will be available as a free trial for PC gamers beginning Friday at 12:01 AM GMT for 24 hours. The offer includes full access to both the original gameís content as well as the recently released Survival Pack, which introduces a new multiplayer survival game mode and two additional versus campaigns; Dead Air and Death Toll.

Those interested in the offer will be able to pre-load the game right now with no obligation to purchase; that way users can avoid wasting a chunk of the free 24 hours downloading the title. Once the trial is over, free versions of the software will be locked, and gamers who wish to continue playing will have to buy the full version for $39.99. If youíve been holding out on buying the game, hereís the chance to play and decide if itís worth your hard-earned money. More details are available on Steam.

BlindObject said:
I know I have the 360 version..but I wanna see how my new rig handles this. PRE LOADINGGG
whiffen said:
[b]Originally posted by BlindObject:[/b][quote]PRE LOADINGGG[/quote]LOLI think you'll like it for the PC, one they get that SDK out it will be well worth having the PC version over the Xbox.
gobbybobby said:
I started pre loading last night, and when I turned on my PC this morning it said 'gift time 17 hours'' does this mean the trial has already began, I thoght it was at 12.00 GMT.
captain828 said:
Yes, it has already started.
gobbybobby said:
[b]Originally posted by captain828:[/b][quote]Yes, it has already started.[/quote]Ah my bad, I was thinking of 24 hour clock, but it started at 0.01 (12.01AM) That sucks, its %95 done and only 7 hours of the trial left.
gobbybobby said:
Hmm, it now appears to have change, gave they extended the deal? It says it got 16 Hours left, it should have ended at 0.00(GMT) but its gone that and still letting me play.
Julio said:
They have extended the play time until 5pm GMT.
9Nails said:
Balls! I missed it. Unfortunately, GMT worked against me in California. I ended up with a preloaded, ready for purchase game by the time I got the news and completed the nearly 5 Gig download. I've been wanting to try this game out. But I'm not ready to spend $39 on it.