Dell intros low-cost 21.5, 23-inch IPS screens

By on May 13, 2010, 2:10 PM
If you're shopping for a color-accurate display on a budget, Dell might have just what you're looking for. The company has introduced its 21.5 U2211H and 23-inch U2311H monitors with IPS panels, which are priced at $279 and $299 on Dell's US site.

Both monitors have a resolution of 1920x1080, can display 16.7 million colors, have 178-degree viewing angles, an 8ms GTG response time, VGA, DisplayPort, and DVI-D connectors, as well as four USB 2.0 ports. The screens also have height, pivot, tilt, and swivel adjustability.

The U2211H and U2311H are currently available and ship with Dell's three-year premium panel warranty.

slh28 slh28, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Nice to see affordable IPS panels coming on the scene, they haven't exactly been coming down in price like technology usually does.

KG363 KG363 said:

Dang, I JUST bought a new monitor

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

And i'm in the market for a new one! oohh yeah!

8ms?!?

It's a resonably priced but faaaaar too slow to me..

Got an Iyama 3 years ago with 5ms respose time, I rather go for Samsung or maybe LG..

T

williamcoxx said:

I was really looking for something that suits my pocket. I think my search for a affordable and durable display ends here.

calebcarterr said:

Well, I am not gonna buy it yet. I'll wait until its price drops further.

[link]

IPS panels are a different game. If these are comparable to others I've used the slightly slower refresh is way offset by the gorgeous image quality and viewing angles. Once you use them it's tough to go back to the consumer TN panels that only have price and refresh speeds to brag about.

I think that this monitor is best suited for my home studio. It nicely design, the configuration is good and most of all not hard so heavy for my pockets.