Razer intros StarCraft II-branded gaming peripherals

By on June 15, 2010, 5:51 PM
With StarCraft's sequel just around the bend, Razer has expressed its love for the franchise by whipping up three new gaming peripherals. Hardcore SC fans will be able to Zerg rush unsuspecting combatants with a StarCraft II-emblazoned Spectre mouse, Marauder keyboard, and Banshee headset all of which have lighting accents and an overall style inspired by the StarCraft universe.

Razer says the Spectre mouse is tournament-ready for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, featuring a lightweight five-button construction designed to "provide precision control for RTS gamers." Core specs include a 5600DPI Razer Precision 3.5G laser sensor, a 1ms response time, and a gold-plated USB head. It's priced at $80 in the US, 80 in Europe, and 94,800 WON in Korea.

Carrying identically-targeted features, the Marauder keyboard boasts elevated laser-etched keys optimized for rapid command input and improved gaming performance and a dedicated on-the-fly macro recording system. The Banshee headset is, well, a headset albeit one decked out in StarCraft baubles. Both are priced at $120, 120, and 142,800 WON.

If that's not enough to satisfy your inner-RTS nerd, you can tote your StarCraft II-branded peripherals around in a "Zerg Edition Messenger Bag," which features a tear-resistant, weather-proof 1680D ballistic nylon outer shell, a laptop compartment, and a protective shock absorbent lining. That'll set you back $90/90/10,880 WON. All mentioned products will ship worldwide Q3 2010.

Basher said:

Ridiculously overpriced. I bet they'll sell incredibly well.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

I suppose from one perspective, if they sell very well, then they're priced "just right" . They're certainly more expensive than unbranded goods but what do you want for officially licensed gear?

KG363 KG363 said:

Korea will eat them up

hellokitty[hk] hellokitty[hk], I'm a TechSpot Evangelist, said:

Hey, you forgot to mention the APM technology:

APM Technology

The full range of Razer's StarCraft II gear is well equipped to assist you with your RTS skills. Seamlessly integrated with StarCraft II's in-game APM counter, the lights on your Spectre?, Marauder? and Banshee? give you real-time Actions-Per-Minute feedback by letting you customize the color of the lights according to your different APM ranges.

Is the StarCraft action getting too intense? Let the light guide you to victory.

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

I really like the look of the keyboard, might have to pick one up if I find it on sale.

RuskiSnajper said:

80$ = 80? in europe as usual

That's like something getting used to :/

80$ = 64? , they scam us for 16?

Psychonaut said:

I pre-ordered the game, but I would never let go of my Logitech MX518 mouse. It is just heaven in my hand.

hellokitty[hk] hellokitty[hk], I'm a TechSpot Evangelist, said: