Microsoft announces 'Special Edition' Kinect bundle for $400

By on September 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
Microsoft has announced it will release a special edition Xbox 360 bundle this November packaging the company's long-awaited Kinect motion-sensing device with a copy of Kinect Adventures, a spare controller, and the 250GB version of its console for $399. Naturally, the console will be the new Slim model which finally includes built-in Wi-Fi capabilities and uses a 45nm SoC called "Vejle" that draws less power and produces less heat than the original 90nm CPU/GPU combo.

Microsoft is also releasing a bundle, announced last month, featuring Kinect Adventures and the Arcade version of the console with a much smaller 4GB hard drive for $299. Those who already own an Xbox 360 can also get the Kinect camera add-on in its standalone version when it hits U.S. stores November 4. Microsoft said in its statement announcing the new bundle that they will reveal more Kinect games at next week's Tokyo Game Show.

jimmyconway said:

is the HD from the xbox 360 compatible with this slim one?

RealXboxMaster said:

All XBOX 360's are compatible w/ HD whether it's orignal or slim.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

jimmyconway said:

is the HD from the xbox 360 compatible with this slim one?

If by HD you mean hard drive then no they are not. Microsoft went from one proprietary design to another but both still use a 2.5 inch drive so I'd assume you could still mod it. If you want to transfer data only way I know of is either using flash/external drivers or getting the transfer kit for the 360.

jimmyconway said:

yea i meant hard drive, thank you for replying

tengeta tengeta said:

Why are they releasing a new 360 with no Blu-Ray... is Microsoft just going to protest the format as long as they can? I'm not a Blu-Ray fan, but advertising your console as an "all media" machine is kinda BS if you don't keep up with the times. You have won many battles Microsoft, its your turn to sit down and live with it.

As for the topic, I just don't care. I do many active things in my day so when I sit down to play games I want to actually sit down and relax.