What you need to know...I was in the middle of putting together one of our TechSpot Weekly site updates when it hit me... it's about time we open a new giveaway, our readers deserve it. So scratch that site update until next Monday and let's see what this new contest is all about. Rules for entering the contest are after the jump. What you need to know for now is that we'll be polling you to choose the big prize. If you have been reading TechSpot for some time then you will be familiar with the basic rules of the contest.
Vote on the poll and comment in this entry to enter the drawing while choosing among the prize options: a 27-inch monitor, an Apple iPad, a budget laptop or netbook, 2TB external hard drive, CPU/mobo/memory combo, GeForce GTX 460, 128GB solid state drive, a deluxe computer case. So what's your favorite?
The contest will run for three weeks until November 14, 2010. In addition to the main prize as decided by yourselves, we have a GeForce GTS 450 graphics card that will be thrown in two weeks into the contest to a random participant.
What it takes to win
- First vote on the poll and leave a comment below stating your choice to let us know you want to join the contest. But that's not all, keep reading...
- Become an active participant in TechSpot's news comments starting today and until Sunday, November 14th -- roughly three weeks from now.
- For every comment you make you get an extra chance to win. For example, if you've posted 20 times during the contest, you get 20 chances.
- To make this a sane competition we will cap the number of max comments during the giveaway to 50 total (less than 3 posts per day, on average).
- Quantity is important but QUALITY will be taken under serious consideration.
- If a participant posts nonsense recurrently we will automatically remove him from the giveaway without notification.
- TechSpot staff members will monitor and join the conversations whenever possible. Our usernames are highlighted in blue.
Other rules and regulations
- We will randomly select two (2) winners using weights depending on the number of comments posted during the giveaway time frame (per the rules above).
- The first random winner will get a GeForce GTS 450 graphics card during the second week of the contest. The second and main prize will be selected from the contest poll, though we will be flexible if the selected winner prefers to change his prize for something of equal value.
- Participation is NOT limited by any geographic boundaries. Prizes will be shipped from the United States or other nearby location depending on the winner's location. TechSpot will cover shipping costs but under no circumstances we will be held responsible for any kind of customs import taxes or additional fees incurred in the process.
- Prizes may not be off-the-shelf items. We often get manufacturer's permission to give away review samples that are practically new.
- The winners will be notified via email. Only TechSpot community members can participate as we will use your account's email for notification purposes. As always, you can register here free of charge.
- Once selected, the winner will be notified via email and have 3 days to respond and accept the prize. It will also be announced at this location. If we don't receive a response by the fourth day a new winner will be selected in his/her place.
Good luck everyone!