Battlefield 3 slated for release on November 2?

By on April 4, 2011, 5:10 PM
Although DICE has been candid about Battlefield 3's features and development priorities, the company hasn't been quick to share a release date. We've only heard that the game is expected to appear sometime in the latter half of 2011, but CVG may have discovered a potential launch date. According to a screenshot published by the site, the French version of EA's Download Manager displays a release date of November 2, 2011 -- the same timeframe as COD: MW3.

Many question the accuracy of that date as it falls on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday, which has become the traditional release day for major game launches in North America. European launches usually occur later in the same week, often on Friday. The fact that the screenshot is in French adds another layer of ambiguity, as November 2 might be the EU launch while it's actually scheduled to land in the US on Tuesday, November 1. But again, this is all speculation.

As one of 2011's most anticipated PC titles, it goes without saying that we're pretty excited about Battlefield 3. DICE is developing the game in its new Frostbite 2.0 engine and has promised that the PC version is receiving the most attention. Battlefield 3 reportedly features co-op gameplay, four classes, non-superficial character customizations, more unlockables than Battlefield: Bad Company 2, as well as improved level destruction, character animations and war sounds.

cyrusjumpjet cyrusjumpjet said:

Yes! Pre-ordering thru Steam as soon as humanly possible.

pcnthuziast said:

Steam rocks, but I'm gonna want a retail box of this game!

Cueto_99 said:

Saving for the latest graphics card that runs this game on it's most awesome video settings! It will be totally worth it!

PC version will get most attention? F**KING AWESOME! Im gettin it for sure, 2nd nov is my bday xD

IAMTHESTIG said:

If this game has co-op gameplay with 8 players on LAN/local network I will jizz in my pants and buy 8 copies of the game. Seriously I host 8-12 player LAN parties every 4 months, and there are only a few coop single player mode FPS games like Borderlands, and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for instance. These are LOADS of fun in a LAN hosted game with everyone in the same room. We loved both but being limited to 4 players is a bit of a hit.

Although we still don't know if it will have LAN support yet. All I can say is if it doesn't... no buy.

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

I'll probably want a hard-copy of this bad boy. I think releasing itself around COD and Skyrim and a couple of other games is actually a dumb idea. Yes BF3 is better than any COD there will ever be, however, people will still choose a slightly updated cod game just because it's name and they'll lose millions in sales because many people will be going for Skyrim and COD. They should do a July/August Release if possible, every has summer jobs and nothing is released over the summer, with plenty of kids with free time that's how you make money.

BF3, SWTor, and maybe even some Diablo3, even Duke is showing up..

Its gone be a great year ;)

Battlefield 3 said:

The whole November 2nd thing is a place-holder date. Previous Battlefields have always been delayed, even after an official date has been announced. Battlefield 2 was originally slated for March '05, but was pushed back to June 2005.

dont for get fear 3

Lokalaskurar Lokalaskurar said:

BF3, SWTor, and maybe even some Diablo3, even Duke is showing up..

Its gone be a great year

Yeah, we all know what happens when you bet on Duke

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I'll be getting a hard copy thats for sure! this game look awesome! and if its anything like number 2 or even bad company 2. then it is well worth getting

stewi0001 stewi0001 said:

Guess I'd better start saving for new hardware... I had to play Bad Company 2 on the lowest setting for online play lol!

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

I think I'm going to make all my future game purchases on Steam. This is definitely going to be one of those titles.

milford50 said: