Battlefield 3 slated for release on November 2?

Matthew

Although DICE has been candid about Battlefield 3's features and development priorities, the company hasn't been quick to share a release date. We've only heard that the game is expected to appear sometime in the latter half of 2011, but CVG may have discovered a potential launch date. According to a screenshot published by the site, the French version of EA's Download Manager displays a release date of November 2, 2011 -- the same timeframe as COD: MW3.

Read the whole story

Cueto_99

Saving for the latest graphics card that runs this game on it's most awesome video settings! It will be totally worth it!

G

PC version will get most attention? F**KING AWESOME! Im gettin it for sure, 2nd nov is my bday xD

IAMTHESTIG

If this game has co-op gameplay with 8 players on LAN/local network I will jizz in my pants and buy 8 copies of the game. Seriously I host 8-12 player LAN parties every 4 months, and there are only a few coop single player mode FPS games like Borderlands, and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for instance. These are LOADS of fun in a LAN hosted game with everyone in the same room. We loved both but being limited to 4 players is a bit of a hit.

Although we still don't know if it will have LAN support yet. All I can say is if it doesn't... no buy.

Xclusiveitalian

I'll probably want a hard-copy of this bad boy. I think releasing itself around COD and Skyrim and a couple of other games is actually a dumb idea. Yes BF3 is better than any COD there will ever be, however, people will still choose a slightly updated cod game just because it's name and they'll lose millions in sales because many people will be going for Skyrim and COD. They should do a July/August Release if possible, every has summer jobs and nothing is released over the summer, with plenty of kids with free time that's how you make money.

G

BF3, SWTor, and maybe even some Diablo3, even Duke is showing up..
Its gone be a great year ;)

The whole November 2nd thing is a place-holder date. Previous Battlefields have always been delayed, even after an official date has been announced. Battlefield 2 was originally slated for March '05, but was pushed back to June 2005.

Burty117

I'll be getting a hard copy thats for sure! this game look awesome! and if its anything like number 2 or even bad company 2. then it is well worth getting :)

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
I think I'm going to make all my future game purchases on Steam. This is definitely going to be one of those titles.