Humble Frozenbyte Bundle: Name your price for five indie games

By on April 12, 2011, 5:50 PM
The clever independent developers behind the first two Humble Indie Bundles have just kicked off a third charity drive focused on Frozenbyte, the Finnish team behind Trine. As with previous bundles, the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle contains five DRM-free casual games, including Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Splot and Jack Claw. However, it's worth noting that only Trine and the two Shadowgrounds titles are ready for action on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Splot is still in development and you're only preordering the game, which is described as a "modern-era fairytale in playable form." We haven't seen a definitive release date. Meanwhile, Jack Claw is an incomplete prototype that Frozenbyte scrapped. The game is playable, but it's probably a little rough around the edges and it requires an Xbox 360 controller. Frozenbyte is also including Jack Claw's unfinished source, which might entertain the seasoned coders among us.

As with previous Humble Indie Bundles, you can split any desired sum between the developers, the Humble organizers, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play. We encourage you to send at least a buck or two as a penny will just cost the event transaction fees. As of writing, more than 44,000 people have donated over $228,000. The top donation is $1,024. On average, Windows users sent $4.14, Mac users contributed $6.27, while Linux users have given $12.00.

KG363 KG363 said:

"44,000 people have donated over $228,000"!?!?

That's over $10 billion!

:p

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Where does it say EACH have donated that? It means all together.

I'm inclined to try Trine =)

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I only popped down 5 bucks due to my impecuniousness. But using the slider to allocate the percentages was tough, reminded me of Hearts of Iron 2. The games weren't that much of an incentive, but I liked what Child's Play was about.

PinothyJ said:

"The top donation is $1,024."

Damn, we're a freaken geeky bunch, aren't we?

:P...

LinkedKube LinkedKube, TechSpot Project Baby, said:

top donation was a linux user, he's just happy he can do something other than surf the web and run servers.

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

I can vouch for Trine, awesome game. And the graphics will amaze you.

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

I'm definitely in for one of these bundles. I've been wanting to get Trine for a while and have missed out on other deals. I guess patience pays off! Now, I get 4 games and some source code to poke around in!

ET3D, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I already have Shadowgrounds, and I'm sure I won't get to play any of these games soon, but I tend to shell a few bucks for these bundles anyway, just because they're multi-platform, DRM-less, and provide an opportunity to donate part of the money. Haven't really paid much this time, though. I've pretty much stopped playing games in recent months.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Very nice, I haven't had the opportunity to play Trine yet and this looks like a perfect time to give it a go.