If you’re in the market for a Windows 8 tablet or hybrid, now may be as good of time as any to pull the trigger. That’s because Microsoft recently slashed prices on a number of systems in the Microsoft Store. It’s worth pointing out that these devices ship with a full retail version of Windows 8, unlike the operating system found on Windows RT devices.
As of writing, there are six deals available though the Microsoft Store:
- Asus Taichi Ultrabook with 128GB of storage: $1,199 (was $1,299)
- HP Envy X2 with keyboard: $599 (was $849)
- Samsung Ativ Smart PC with keyboard: $699 (was $749)
- Samsung Ativ Smart PC 4G LTE with keyboard: $699 (was $899)
- Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro with keyboard: $999 (was $1,200)
- Toshiba Satellite Convertible Ultrabook: $799 (was $1,149)
As you can see, there are some pretty solid deals to be had. What’s more, all of these systems are certified as Microsoft Signature, meaning they don’t ship with any unnecessary bloatware – an added plus.
We don’t know how long these prices will stick so if something catches your eye, it’d probably be a wise decision to go ahead and buy now. As for why Microsoft has discounted these systems, it’s anybody’s guess really.
Perhaps they want to clear out old inventory for a new wave of products. There’s no solid evidence of this just yet but with Windows Blue in the pipeline and back-to-school sales expected to hit around the same time, it’s certainly plausible.
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.