Tour at ATI Headquarters

By on May 4, 2003, 8:52 AM
[COLOR=royalblue]Have you ever wanted to see just what [URL=http://www.driverheaven.net/insideati/index.htm]its like at ATI?[/URL] Have you wanted to see the people behind the billion dollar Canadian company? What about seeing inside ATI's QA lab? Wondered how they chart development? How about seeing into the ATI testing labs and the banks of PCs used to test hardware and drivers?[/COLOR]

RustyZip said:
Thats one smart building...So thats where all our money goes...:mad: Why can't they make do with a big shed and cut the prices???:)
timmoore said:
That's one of the nicest buildings I've ever seen :) ! LOL RustyZip, I bet that building cost a bomb. I wouldn't mind seeing the inside of NVIDIA's HQ, if anyone has a link for me... please post. I am just going to search Google for it now.
Per Hansson said:
Anandtech has had several articles like these...Both from Nvidia and ATI...
timmoore said:
Thanks Per, I took your advice and found [URL=http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1711&p=4]
his[/URL]. I'm quite impressed by both of these two companies HQs, if only they would do what RustyZip said :giddy: .
---agissi--- said:
[b]W8)W[/b] Man....why do they have this really nice, buetiful buildings? I mean sure it can be nice, but the Nvidia building has quiet the architechure! (<--cant spell for my life). And the outside with the tables,etc,etc.[b]Quote:[/b][b][i]One of the more impressive setups was this collection (above) of 11 Sun Microsystems SunFire 6800 racks; each one of these racks has 196GB of memory courtesy of the platform's 64-bit memory addressability and costs around $1M. [/b][/i] */quote*Can you say [i]Holy #!%[/i]....dude, and later on in that article, they tell you how those PCs are [b][color=red]6 foot tall[/b][/color]. [b]W8)W[/b]Its like ATI...rooms full of tons of computers? Why do they need all these? Why do Nvidia new 11 (1 Million doller) servers? Maybe 1 or 2 for their site...but 11? Jesus Christ
MrGaribaldi said:
My guess is that they use them brute force testing of their drivers to see what instabilities they can find... And of course as dedicated game servers for their lunchbreaks ;) :D
wicka_wicka said:
Really ---agissi---, they make video cards...do you have any idea how much testing they have to put those through? And they don't just use servers for their site, they probably have and Intranet, and like every version of every driver ever made. I mean Jesus Christ, they have to test their drivers and cards of every possible config!
---agissi--- said:
Yeah but why do you need 11 servers for that...it sure is neat-o tho :D
wicka_wicka said:
If you had the money...and *kinda* the need, wouldn't you buy 11 servers?
---agissi--- said:
No, I wouldnt....just think....[i]think.....[/i][b]think....[/b]Of all the other stuff you could buy with $11 [i]Million Dollars![/i]Okay maybe 1 or 2 servers, but 11 ;) no way :D