Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod launches, showcases chaotic trailer

By on December 16, 2013, 12:15 PM

The day in which you can blow up millions of dollars of military hardware and sky-surf on jets has finally come. The modders behind the epic project to create a successful Just Cause 2 multiplayer port have been working tirelessly in hopes of bringing amplified chaos to the islands of Panau. Their vision is finally a reality, and the long awaited mod has been officially released to the general public.

In honor of the accomplishment, the team behind the madness has unveiled an official launch trailer. The video only lasts 1:40 but showcases some seriously chaotic, frenzied, gameplay. This isn't a traditional multiplayer experience where you battle against friends and strangers in small, controlled, game types. There are tons of players on screen at once, and the game still manages to keep its “free roam” state, even in massive multiplayer form.

You are free to go and do anything, but that doesn't mean there aren't specific game modes out there for those of you craving some structure. Races and demolition derbies sprawl all across the giant Panau nation. There is also a “factions mode” in which teams of players fight to hold as many settlements as they can. You'll be able to use the funds that you collect from these events to purchase new vehicles, weapons, and even character skins.

The Just Cause 2 Multiplayer add-on is currently available on Steam, where it can be easily downloaded and installed. Of course, you're going to need an original copy of the game, and if you don't have one you can grab one by direct download from Steam for $15, or Amazon for $11.50.

That looks absolutely insane! I have now purchased Just Cause 2 and it is installing! :)

2 people like this | Mavrickx888 Mavrickx888 said:

I cannot wait to get home and install it! I need a break from the glitchy stress that is Battlefield and just go have some fun blowing stuff up.

GeforcerFX GeforcerFX said:

This, this right here is what makes the PC community great and still my favorite platform by far, graphics I could care less about, Kb & M are nice but I can game with controllers too, the modding community is what keeps it the best platform. A group of individuals joined together to take a great game and make it even better. Great work by this team, I still need to finish just cause 2's single player, I bought it a long time ago and only have played it to mess around with the multiplayer back in beta, and after 2 hours of playing this morning I can say its by far the best mod I have played in awhile.

1 person liked this | Guest said:

This game is a ton better with the xbox control.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I bought this game when it was released along with a few other titles and played for about an hour (single player) then I moved onto other titles in my collection which distracted me from this game that I almost forgot I had it. With nothing all that great on the horizon for the near future (apart from GTA V, if it ever comes to PC) I'll reinstall it and complete it (single player only, multiplayer doesn't interest me at all)

Amazing mod been playing it all day. Games worth buying just for this mod.

If it crashes for anybody on start up , just make sure to disable xfire ingame for just cause 2.

Looks like a battlefield/gta hybrid