- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 (2.66GHz) LGA775
- AMD Phenom X4 9850 (2.50GHz) AM2+
- ASUS Crosshair II Formula (Nvidia nForce 780a SLI)
- ASUS P5Q Deluxe (Intel P45)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (174.74)
- Intel System Drivers (8.4.0)
First up we have compared the SATA hard drive performance of these three motherboards using PCmark Vantage, and as you can see all three configurations delivered very similar results despite the different configurations.
This next batch of results also looks at SATA performance as well as USB 2.0 performance using SiSoftware Sandra XII. Once again, despite using different chipsets and processors, the three motherboards produced the same SATA result. Furthermore all three boards were able to max out the USB 2.0 bus, reaching just over 30MB/s using a high speed memory stick.
The ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe features one PCI Express network controller, while the PQ5 Deluxe features PCI and PCI Express network controllers. The Crosshair II Formula on the other hand makes use of dual PCI Express controllers for maximum performance.
Featured on Processors
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.