Browser has been Hijacked? / Google searches being Redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamboogy

hi there, i've only recently discovered that my browser has possibly been hijacked. whenever i search terms in google and click on the resulting links, i will be redirected to a number of different websites. it is proving to be really annoying for me. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me sort this problem out.

I've attached my HJT log to this thread.

Thanks for your time!

Spy Sweeper:

Quick Sweep has completed. Elapsed time 00:09:40
Traces Found: 0
None

Norton 360:

Scan Stats:
Scan Time: 334 seconds
Counts:
Total items scanned: 4,139
- Files & Directories: 979
- Registry Entries: 343
- Processes & Start-up Items: 2,681
- Network & Browser Items: 129
- Other: 7

Total security risks detected: 1
Total items resolved: 0
Total items that require attention: 1

Resolved Threats:

Unresolved Threats:
Packed.Generic.238
Virus ID: 23997
Type: Anomaly
Risk: High (High Stealth, High Removal, High Performance, High Privacy)
Categories: Heuristic Virus
State: Remove Failed
-----------
1 File
globalroot\systemroot\system32\geyekrgodajbhl.dll
1 Browser Cache

I've run MBAM and SpybotS&D but none of them are able to detect or even remove this "packed generic 238". norton can detect it but then says that it can only be removed "manually", which i do not know how to do.

If you haven't figgered out that Spybot is and has always been worthless, then you might want to take another look. It is merely a money cox that is getting rich for removing mostly worthwhile cookies.

If you haven't figgered out that Spybot is and has always been worthless, then you might want to take another look. It is merely a money cox that is getting rich for removing mostly worthwhile cookies.

It's hardly worthless because it really does work, although I know from much experience it is definitely not the *best* spyware/malware scanner. It's viable as free software though.

Also, what did you mean by 'money cox'? Is that a local vernacular? I haven't heard of that before and I didn't see anything particularly useful after looking it up online.

And lastly, how is Spybot getting rich from removing cookies? It really does remove spyware/malware. It might not be the most effective program, but you get what you pay for, no? The only real revenue stream I see is through donations and if it doesn't fix your problem.. don't donate. If they are getting rich, lots of people must be getting their problems fixed, right? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back