Need Help with Hijackthis Log File

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've completed all of the steps in trying to resolve my problem. My desktop has been hijacked. I really appreciate your taking to time to help. The log file is attached.

A point of interest......when running the Adaware software, it completes the fixes and I get an immediate notification from my anti-spyware application that something is trying to make a modification. So I click "block", but it doesn't seem to stop the change. I run Adaware again and it always finds the same problem. So something on my system is running in the background making sure that I dont remove the nasty.

Thanks again for all you help!

Boot in Safe Mode, see how here.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Click the Processes tab, select the Process (if there) and click End Process for:
sunThreatEngine.exe
SunProtectionServer.exe
sunserver.exe
is-P1QK8.exe

Next, click Start/Run and type services.msc and click OK. Look for the service:
sunThreatEngine.exe
SunProtectionServer.exe
sunserver.exe
Doubleclick it, click Stop if it's running, and change the Startup type to Disabled.

Next, click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunThreatEngine.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunThreatEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\SunProtectionServer.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunServer] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunserver.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001] C:\WINDOWS\is-P1QK8.exe /REG
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties, click on Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
XP only: Delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back