Having problems with my BIOS freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Im new to the boards and relaventley new to PC building as well. I recentley bought :

BIOSTAR TForce 6100 - 939 mobo
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600 GT
New stick of 512 Kingston RAM
AMD Athlon64 3500+ CPU
Antec 500watt smartpower 2.0 PSU
Antec performance case.

This is the second PC, im trying to build alone, (I had to get help with the first one) and after installing all of the components, it starts up and some where during the process of setting up the BIOS, it freezes, I never know when it will freeze, but Its usually always at a different time sometimes its the startup logo or when im in the BIOS itself, it never unfreezes and I dont even know where to start troubleshooting. I keep rebooting and have taken apart and put back together my parts several times. Ive been told it can be a Mobo problem, but i cant be certain. I hope I dont have to buy new parts but im thinking I might have to. Any Ideas? Id really appreciate it. Thanks

-Colonel

Reset the BIOS either by jumper or removing the battery, and try booting again.
Post results here.

remove all the PCI cards to get the machine to a bare minimum,
ram, hd, onboard video

Hey, I removed the battery, (the lithium one is the right one I hope) and i didnt get any different results, Its at bare minimum right now and is still freezing at some known locations, I also, and i dont know if this is a problem or not, get the Biostar logo T-series screen instead of a Normal boot-up screen, so i was wondering if that was a problem, I got feedback on changing the jumper settings but the manual tells me nothing and is very unhelpful, I am also wondering if this problem leans toward a defective mobo or a defective processor, Im pretty much stumped at this point, Hope to hear from you guys, Thanks in advance

-Colonel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back