BSOD on Windows Startup (usually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get BOSD's on Windows XP Home startup. Seems to have begun after I installed Spy Sweeper a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know if Spy Sweeper is causing the problem. Without Spy Sweeper running, I still get BSOD's sometimes. If I remove 2 of my 4 memory sticks, I still get BSOD's sometimes, but not on every startup. I followed most of the instructions on this site for BSOD troubleshooting (memtest, new page file, defrag, mobo sound/video disabled, chkdsk, hard drive diagnostics, mobo caps) and everything looks good. I did not check that I have "all the correct, and latest drivers" for my system. I am not sure how to do that when I am getting the BSOD's. I am able to start up in safe mode. Can I check the drivers in safe mode? How? I did uninstall/reinstall the mouse driver, because someone connected a wired USB mouse in place of a Dell wireless USB mouse recently (perhaps around the time I started getting BSOD's). The Dell wireless receiver was still connected to facilitate a Dell wireless keyboard. I thought that maybe there was a conflict in having both the wireless receiver and the wired mouse connected at the same time. Now I have only the wireless receiver with wireless keyboard and mouse "connected", but I still get the BSOD's. Help!

I have attached a zip file with the last 6 minidumps.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

5 minidumps crash at asnttdi.sys. This is your Aventail Connect vpn software driver.

I suggested it was a firewall driver, but this was wrong.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

In my system, asnttdi.sys was associated with "Aventail Connect" VPN access software. It was also being referenced by Internet Explorer. I removed Aventail Connect through Add/Remove Programs, and everything looks fine. No BSOD's!!! Thanks a million!

Hi there,

I have read through this problem and debugged my minidumps to find that 'asnttdi.sys' is the cause of the bluescreen. I actually need to use Aventail VPN for my work and every time that I install it and restart the PC it comes up with a blue screen driver_irql error.

Is there anything I can do other than uninstall the software? The reason I say this is that colleagues of mine are fine with this however I keep running in to problems.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need minidumps then please let me know.

same problem

Hi there,

I have read through this problem and debugged my minidumps to find that 'asnttdi.sys' is the cause of the bluescreen. I actually need to use Aventail VPN for my work and every time that I install it and restart the PC it comes up with a blue screen driver_irql error.

Is there anything I can do other than uninstall the software? The reason I say this is that colleagues of mine are fine with this however I keep running in to problems.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need minidumps then please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back