Error Starting Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently got the access members area virus, managed to get rid of it but then still had some telaplus virus where the screen is blue with red writing warning that my computer is under serious threat with my ip address and otehr details. There were also annoying x symbols on the bottom right corner of my screen that would pop up with warnings about how my computer is infected. I managed to get rid of the blue screen and restore my desktop , however the x symbols stilll remained. i read on the internet something about the file windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys being part of this virus and so afterwards went into safe mode and deleted the file using kill box. However things became dramatically worse as when i went to restart my computer this came up..............

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps. Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical information:xxx STOP: OXOOOOOO7B (OXF9E7264O,OXCOOOOO34,OXOOOOOOOO,OXOOOOOOOO)

please can someone help me?! i have no idea what to do, im not very good with computers in general , e.g i wuldnt know how to get to my motherboard or anything. Can anyone tell me a solution. thankss
angel

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you start the computer in safe mode? If not I suggest you reformat your hard drive and reinstall.

This is the meaning of your stop message.

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

cheers

thanks for the advice. i cant start my comp with safe mode or any other mode. and i mentionned before how im not very good with computers so could you tell me exactly step by step how to reformat my harddrive and re-install? thanks howard
angel

You need to do the following.

1 restart your computer and go to setup(bios) usually by pressing the F2 or delete key.

2 Once you get into setup look for the boot menu and make sure you set it to boot from cd first followed by your hard drive.

3 Put the Windows xp disk into your cd drive.

4 Now save your settings and exit bios.

5 While your computer is booting you will see a message that says "press any key to boot from cd" press any key.

6 When the welcome to setup screen appears press enter and then press F8 to accept the Microsoft licence agreement.

7 You will be prompted to repair an insallation press the escape key.

8 Now select the partition that you want to reformat and press the D key to delete it you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the partition.

9 Now press C to create a brand new partition you will be asked what size you want the partition to be in mega bytes. If you just press enter then the partition will be the maximum size that you can have. This is perfectly ok if you don`t want to create multiple partitions.

10 You will now be asked to format the partition select the ntfs file sytem and do a full format.

11 Once the format is complete setup will continue.

Your computer will restart during the remaining setup again you will be asked to press any key to boot from cd DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING. and setup will continue. Once the setup is complete and you are back in Windows remove the Windows cd from your cd drive.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:

Can you start the computer in safe mode? If not I suggest you reformat your hard drive and reinstall.

This is the meaning of your stop message.

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Hi Howard,

I am having the exact same problem with my OS -XP PRO. THe bios on my system works fine, however, I changed settings in the bios and selected CD-ROM drive as a primary and then secondary as DVD-ROM and then the third as my harddrive, but when i reboot the system it wont read any of the Cd-rom drives or the harddrive.

So, i had to take out my harddrive and connected it to my laptop through HDD COver USB connection, and then i deleted and formated both partitions of the harddrive and reinstalled XP PRO on both sides, and plugged it back into my PC but the pc still doesn't read the HDD or any CD-ROMs. The changes I made in the Bios remain the same but they dont menifest in the system.

Can anyone help me asap? Pleaassee!! I dont know how to go about solving this problem, I've been w/o my pc for 2 weeks now and broke on top of it. lol

Try clearing your cmos. This will reset your bios to the default settings. Your mobo manual will tell you how to do this or you can simply remove the cmos battery for a few minutes.

I`m not sure I understand exactly what you`ve done.

It`s the boot priority you need to change. Not the Primary, secondary etc.

Again, your mobo manual should tell you how to set the boot priority.

Try like this

angel88 said:
i recently got the access members area virus, managed to get rid of it but then still had some telaplus virus where the screen is blue with red writing warning that my computer is under serious threat with my ip address and otehr details. There were also annoying x symbols on the bottom right corner of my screen that would pop up with warnings about how my computer is infected. I managed to get rid of the blue screen and restore my desktop , however the x symbols stilll remained. i read on the internet something about the file windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys being part of this virus and so afterwards went into safe mode and deleted the file using kill box. However things became dramatically worse as when i went to restart my computer this came up..............

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps. Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical information:xxx STOP: OXOOOOOO7B (OXF9E7264O,OXCOOOOO34,OXOOOOOOOO,OXOOOOOOOO)

please can someone help me?! i have no idea what to do, im not very good with computers in general , e.g i wuldnt know how to get to my motherboard or anything. Can anyone tell me a solution. thankss
angel

Hi, please make sure that your sata or ata HDD is in compa

Try this

angel88 said:

angel

Hi, make sure that your ata or sata HDD is in Compatibility stage in BIOS settings,

after that just restart your machine and press f8 select starts windows normally

still not working restart the machine and start with xp os CD after some time it will prompt for setup or repair don't select repair just press enter, after some time again it will ask for repair (remember this is second time) you need to press R for repair just fallow the steps in that you need to select windows folder for repair
I think this should work.

omkar.a, while we appreciate the help if you would read the entries above you will notice that they are almost 2 years old, also if you need to make a change to your post you can edit it.

Hi,

My dell inspiron E1505 laptop came with window xp home edition. It also came with sony dvd rom and sony dvd software. One day I uninstalled the sony dvd software. Then , window explorer stop detecting the dvd rom. So, I restored the system to earlier restore point and restarted the computer. After that it stop booting the xp and I got following error:

-------------------------

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apprears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.

Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

STOP: Ox0000007B (0xBA4CB524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

---------------------------------------------------------

I tried to boot from reinstallation CD also but it could not. It says "checking for your computer's hardware configuration" and then blank screen, nothing happaned. I used Dell diagnostics cd , no error was found.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back