Cash register help

OK, I'm being offered $100 if I can figure out how to erase all of the transactions on a Samsung ER-4900 electronic cash register. This register allows you to erase all the transactions per day, but it still keeps these transactions in a secret memory. The manual does not tell you how to delete it. If you can help, please do!

Believe it or not, this is not illegal. haha. These kids i work with keep making these $3000 dollar errors...and I work at an ice cream store. IRS does not like to see those huge errors. And both 2 people that my boss went to for this just died within weeks of each other, what luck. Anyone know how to do this?

how to erase all of the transactions on a Samsung ER-4900 electronic cash register. This register allows you to erase all the transactions per day, but it still keeps these transactions in a secret memory. The manual does not tell you how to delete it. If you can help, please do!
:hotbounce

It cannot be done unless you take out the memory chip and reprogram it.

Do you really think that anyone is stupid enough to manufacture/buy a cash register that lets people to change the transaction history at will?

Nodsu said:
Do you really think that anyone is stupid enough to manufacture/buy a cash register that lets people to change the transaction history at will?
Exactly what I was thinking. They make cash registers to prevent this very thing from happening, hey, that's what they do, in additon to storing and making change, they keep people honest.

Best thing to do, would be to straighten this out on the up and up. Looks to me that if these kids you work with make $3000 errors, maybe you need to get some new kids, that don't make such huge errors. I would if it were me.

I just purchased a ER4915 Samsung CR. After programming I'm trying to program tax (1%) . The cash receipt shows the 1% tax rate at the top but when I subtotal it does not add the tax so receipt comes out w/o tax.

Where did I go wrong?

David

Back