date corrupted? months = all 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guidaux

i probably should take a screenshot of this but i dont really know how.

if i double click the time and drop down the month field all i see is 12 1's

also in my creative player the acquisition date of my songs are all kinds of symbols. this problems been going on for a few months now (around the IE7 auto update) and would like to rule it out for my other problem:

i was reading the thread about someone having problems with ActiveX and that game GunBound at www.ijji.com because i can't get the game started in a similar way. my problem is i click to install the ActiveX and it doesnt do anything like my IE is permenently blocking it dispite all the enable's in security setting.
"Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options."
yes the site is in my trusted sites.

i tried updating my java, flash, all windows updates, and i got that scripting update also. theres no pop-up blocker enabled yet it seems like there is one because i dont see any kind of "install" pop-up. it never lets me install the add-on

as for the date issue, i haven't seen anything about it after searching a long time. the dell tech guy i told and he even said he never heard of that and had to connect remotely to me just to see it. he still couldn't help

thanks for your time reading this,
Rayne

Ive never heard of that before either. But I do have a couple things for you to try. As far as the Active X, open your internet explorer, click tools, and then internet options. Under the security tab, select internet then press custom level. This will allow you to change your active x settings to allow the controls. As far as the time issue is concerned, make sure you have all your windows updates. Another place you might want to check is the Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer and select SYSTEM. This will give any errors that are related to your computers environment. Post any errors related to W32TIME, or other system processes.

W32Time = mostly information for sychronizing but i found this:
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

just seems like it tried to sychronize without the internet. other errors include disk, browser, dhcp, and MrxSmb.

With ActiveX thing, i already have everything enabled and my browser seems to automatically block the downloading of the plugin dispite the setting to allow.

Browser:
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{16BB7FAD-32F4-489F-B23C-65218DE0C37B}. The backup browser is stopping.

Disk:
The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

MRxSmb:
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer YOUR-727A0A4E7C that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{16BB7FAD-32F. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

several of the same errors. 2,028 events

thank you very much for devoting your time to my problem

Open my computer, right click on your c drive, go to tools and select Error checking and tell it to scan and automatically fix, and find bad sectors. Sounds like your disk might need some repair, and this could potentially help. After doing the selections, restart and let it run the check on boot up (should be automatic)

i've done it just now, wasn't able to sit and watch b/c of work but i did see it fix a sector in mydocuments/...../ntuser.dat or something. the date is still messed up. Still unable to download ActiveX from the website.

hmm, if it fixed that bad sector (especially for being your ntuser.dat file). Please list the Event ID and Source of the entries in your System are of the Event Viewer. (only need the one from above)

the disk error Event ID = 7, and the source = Disk

there are several in the event viewer, all Event ID 7

"Explanation

The device has a bad block of memory, which Windows attempted to read. The data might be missing or corrupted.

User Action

If this event is logged regularly, replace the hard disk drive."

I think this thing is still under warranty, goes call Dell.

thank you for your time but i doubt that'll fix the activex problem. they seem like two seperate problems now. maybe the hard disk drive and date thing though, so thank you very much.

i just wish i could download activex from www.ijji.com to play that game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back