DiRT 3 GPU & CPU Performance Test

Hell that was a typo, what I mean to say we used the same settings as you. So UberSampling disabled, sorry about the typo. Yes UberSampling hammers the card down to about 10fps. Also using Fraps to test 60 seconds of game play. The article is done and should be posted tomorrow I suspect.

It would have been nice to see the performance of the Phenom II X3-720, this would unveil the true nature of how much of an impact an extra core has (and, if Dirt 3 uses the third core appropriately).

I'm not sure what "unveil the true nature of how much of an impact an extra core has (and, if Dirt 3 uses the third core appropriately)." means , but it uses at least six cores, loads them evenly, and will everything your x3 720 has. (I played it on my x3 720 machine as well)

Dirt 3 on Phenom II x6:
X6_Dirt_3.PNG

Just a note about quality presets - you said the game doesn't have them, but if you select "Choose Preset" a popup menu will appear with various choices.

This game screams along in DX9.3 on default quality settings with just a Pentium Dual Core E5200@3.8Ghz, Nvidia GF250GTS @ 1600x1200 in WinXP. Comfortably above 60 fps all the time, no slow down, no jerkiness, so you really don't need the latest and greatest hardware for Dirt 3. Looks great as well.

Had liked to see a DX10/10.1 card as well...Perhaps one that meets the minimum requirement or is somewhere in-between the minimum and recommended, people with eg a HD3870 has more to worry about than one with a 6770

I've to disagree with the summary, i'm playing the game in Eyefinity with just one 6970 & i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz at 5760x1080 4xAA all settings high to very high with 50fps.
Second Pc with a 5750 & Phenom 2 X3 2.5 Ghz runs the game at 50fps with Full HD 1920x1080 and settings at high. 0.o

i would definitely like to see core i3 performance in multithreaded latest games.
pls include core i3s in ur benchmarks.

Back