TechSpot Giveaway: Post a pic, Win an LED Mini projector!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure is nice to work in a place with a lot of computers. Too bad i forgot my laptop at home, but i think that this is enough for now. If i have time i'll try uploading one with more than 16 monitors (including my laptop).

DSC00878.JPG

all my screeenz

5 in all....had some more monitors lying around, but too lazy to hook em all up

Attachments

• aaascreens 002.jpg
    aaascreens 002.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone, here's my entry:
DSC03736-1.JPG

Took a bit of effort to get everything in front of my TV, but here's a list of the devices from left to right if anyone's interested...

1. Sony KDL-40W5500 (PS3)
2. A very old Sony laptop (Xubuntu 9.04)
3. iPhone 3G 8GB (Blackra1n RC3)
4. Sony Vaio FW35 (Windows 7)
5. Lenovo T60 (Windows XP)
6. PSP 3000 (5.03 GEN-A Full)
7. iPhone 3GS 16GB (Blackra1n RC3)
8. HP w2207h (Windows 7)
9. LG W2486L (Windows 7)

Hi everyone, nice pics :)

My entry:

techspot_screens.jpg

1. Win 7 RC Desktop PC (FF & Chrome on display 1 & 2)
2. iPhone 3G
3. Techspot Mobile (PSP)
4. Chrome on Win 7 RC (Dell Mini 9)

p1080385.jpg

I hope this OK - there's a huge mess on my table, and the computer is pretty far from the monitor, so I should take a picture with half of the room to get them both in...

techspot_contest_sm.jpg

4 mismatched monitors (on an ergrotron ds100 stand) hooked up to a desktop. Alienware m17x on the left. Dell D830 on the right.

My Entry

Here's my entry, 24 out of the 20 max... there's really 29 but camera isn't wide angle :)

Click to Maximize

Happy? Not all forums are the same and unless I'm a regular I usually don't look into the cosmetic ways to post things. On the main forum I visit, they provide an "[IMGW]" tag which you can put around large pictures. It makes them a nice size for the thread with a tag below saying it's been resized. A simple click and it's enlarged.

I see you have now edited the pic to be a bit smaller :rolleyes:

You know we could use Topics such as these, to teach users how to post reduced size pics, like this:

First add the (reduced sized) pic using the "Insert image" button >
insertimage.gif

[noparse]
4tr5zt.jpg
[/noparse]

I then highlighted the entire link:
zmi7lv.gif

I then used the "Insert link" button >
createlink.gif

To link to the larger pic: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/950160/TechSpotPic.JPG

And the result was this:
[noparse][/noparse]
Click to Maximize < I added these words

Upon replying, the reduced sized pic above, plus embedded large sized pic was given ;)

Edit:
Actually members with low post count may not be able to provide [noparse][/noparse] links
I forgot about that

Edit2
Oh, ok, you have now done the above
As for "[IMGW]" tag, I might try to find out if we can add that here too

txnhockey3's entry

Well. I read the rules over and the first time I didn't see anything that said strongly it HAD to be by monitor count, so I thought i could do a VNC window to it...

Whatever. 2 22" monitors + 2 iPhone 3GS = 4 physical screens
18 VNC windows + 2 i phones = 20 techspot homepages

Seems lame someone can do a computer lab but you cant do windows.... whatever

IMG_7950.jpg

Well. I read the rules over and the first time I didn't see anything that said strongly it HAD to be by monitor count, so I thought i could do a VNC window to it...

Whatever. 2 22" monitors + 2 iPhone 3GS = 4 physical screens
18 VNC windows + 2 i phones = 20 techspot homepages

Seems lame someone can do a computer lab but you cant do windows.... whatever

"Gain eligibility by showing more than one screen in a single shot! For example, you can put 10 computer screens together and that will increase your eligibility ten fold! The cap for increasing your chances is 20 (the number of screens) but feel free to show off a hundred if that's as far as you can go. "

This rule clearly says more screens not windows. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I've got a laptop and a mac mini and a wii that can also do it, but can't get them all in this pic, so here is just my desktops.
SANY0052.JPG

I don't really have time to do the picture with all the shiny new iMacs, so here's what I've got at home:

cropped_contest.jpg

21.5" ViewSonic
15" Dell 1501FP (10 years old!)
eeePC 904HA
Dell Inspiron 1720
Dell Latitude D420
1st gen iPod Touch 8 Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back