How mny fans can i have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case you linked to comes with 3 fans installed, do you want to remove one? There seems little point in this.

or

are you saying that you want to take out two of the 90mm fans and put in a 120mm fan? This is unlikely to be possible, because the screw holes will be in the wrong places

Personally the more fans the better. Remember heat it the enemy here the cooler you keep everythign the better if your power supply can handle it.

or you can be like me and mount extra fans with masking tape, :D
I could only install one extra fan and the front of my crappy case, yet there is ventilation holes at the back, i taped in the fan, with my 2 extra fans the computer ran at 8*C lower than with stock cooling at idle. only thing is its a bit noisy and the WIRING is dogdy because i did it myself, i took the fans out of old PSU units and stole the little plugs of another old HDD and they just plug into the reciving thing, that you wouldplug into a HDD, its also piggybacked so 2 fans of one connector, best thing i ever did with my computer.

I was just wondering, should each connector have only one thing, ive seen splitters, so how many fans you reckon i could get on ONE connectors?? also would if be worth cutting a hole in the side of the case and mounting more fans with mess over them (to stop dust etc.)

Im thinking what i done is pretty dangerous, but try and stop me :wave:

EDIT: also is it better to be using 3 pin fans? a pack of six wil set me back $30 AUD

Overall, I'd say the only real limiting factor is how many you could physically fit in the case, assuming you mean the general PC standard kinds.

Yea umm

I have mounted fans all over my case with black electrical tape, my rig is in a compaq case, so it looks like a mess but i dont care.

Sean

did you like cut holes or what, i want to do that, but i dont have a saw i can do it with. i seen my friends com and he cut a massive hole and covered it with mesh. personally with the tests i ran, the computer is cooler witht he case on.

i did cut holes

Yes i used a dremmel (its like a very high speed drill, in case you didnt know). My dad is also a mechanic so he has all different types of tools to cut metal. But just a few days ago i decied to spruce up the rig and bought a case from newegg, so no more compaq case for me! :approve:

Sean

yes i know of a dremel,
BTw how much did yours cost? and is it worth ordering one off the internet?

Not that much

I got a thermaltake for 34 bucks off newegg...yea its cheap but so am I. I had my own PSU but for the price its sturdy and looks nice. ( I dont like like bling bling stuff) I know i will take alot of crap for getting a 34 dollar case but i sutied my needs...

Sean

btw- i hope you were refering to my purchasing of a case...

Ahhhh

Ha, my bad i was confused!

Ok i got my dremmel at Lowes, bu ti see youre in Austrailia so that wont be of much help...Sorry. It costs wround 60 USD. Hope this helps!

Sean

f*** me, i dont hvae $120 AUD sitting around for that, even if i did, i'd rather just spend it on buying a good case.

True

Yea its not worth getting for a case, but my dad is a mteal worker so he uses it alot....

i could just drill like a pattern of holes if i was desperate, after all the damn hole saw heated my case up so much that it warpped the metal. I'll have a look at the next computer fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back