Trouble installing BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday

I just bought this game and I'm having some problems installing it. When I put the disc in the drive it wont auto start up the installation menu. I've also tried "Run" D:\Autorun ....didn't work either. Also, when I open up "My Computer" there is no disc icon on any of the drives. There is no E drive in the list, all I see is C, D, G, I, H and J drives. Any ideas on how I can install this game? Or should I just return it for my money back? Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks for the help. I just checked to see if all the cords were hooked up, and to my knowledge (which isn't much....towards where all the cords go) it looks good...everything seems to be plugged in. I just got more RAM put into my computer, I've never installed RAM before...so i got a buddy to help me. Maybe he did something? Cause I'm pretty sure this problem has been occuring since then. Tried other games and they wont start up the install menu either.... :dead: I might have to take it in to get it fixed, unless anyone has any other ideas...or can maybe help me to figure out what cords are suppose to go where?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ok just one more thing.. is ur CD Drive working with other applications like installing software or watching movies or something... or its simply not responding to anything

Thanks for your help, turns out it was because of a loose IDE cable...but now I have another problem. I got BF2 installed, but I'm getting some kinda graphics error...it changed my resolution to 600x800 when I tried to play it, then brought me back to my desktop with an error message I could send in through email. I have an Xtasy 9200SE PCI 128mb vid card. Do I need to get a new vid card? Or can I tweak it somehow or something?

Thanks again for your help.

What are your other system specs? Does it meet the minimum requirements:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (BF2)

* Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
* 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
* 512 MB of RAM or more
* 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
* 2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
* DirectX 9.0c compatible

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 processor
3200+
1.99Ghz
1.0 GB of RAM
48x Max read CD-ROM
160 GB HD
Windows XP Home Edition (32 bit) ...with admin rights...

Only thing I'm not sure of...is how much space I have available on my HD at the moment and the DirectX 9.0c Compatible...Know how or where I can check that?

Really appreciate the help with this, thanks.

Well, for available HDD space you could right click on the drive letter on which you want to install BF2 and left click on "Properties."

While your card supports DirectX 8.1, the VisionTek site says it works in DirectX 9.0. Click here: VisionTek

Also, have you installed the latest driver for your graphics card? Be sure to uninstall the old one first but have the new one on hand before starting the process.

Ok, I have 122 GB left of free space...So I guess it must be the driver. I've never upgraded my vid card before, just checked the visiontek site and I'm not really sure on which link to download for the new driver and how to remove the old driver. (I figure I could go into add/remove programs to remove the old one...but what exactly am I looking for there? Know what the filename would be?) Got a link to where I can download the latest driver for my vid card? Sorry I'm a big newb when it comes to this...I couldn't really tell which link on the visiontek site was the latest driver download.

http://www.visiontek.com/drivers.html
(its the 8.113) for all Xtasy series 7000 and greater. 12.9MB posted 6/10/05

Save the file first. ( don't click on open, click on save). Open the file from your saved folder and follow instructions. If this does not work. Then remove the driver from the Control panel/display/properties/driver/uninstall.

Then reload / run the new driver install package again. If this fails. Remove the Video card from the device manager from the control panel. Then restart computer and allow XP to find new hardware, but cancel that and install yourself from Control panel.

jiffylueb said:
Also, to check your directX version, go to Start --> run --> dxdiag.

Just did this...say's i have DirectX 9.0 installed at the moment.... So i believe that leaves out everything for requirements....it should work on my computer then shouldn't it?

Again, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back