Blue Screened.. 3rd time this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossimoboy

Hey everyone, I know its been a while, but I have a BIG problem on my hands.
I run a CS:source dedicated server on my home pc, and recently, I've been getting a lot of blue screens. I have no idea whats causing them and no idea what they are about because it shutsdown my PC faster than I can read a few words. It might not even be the server because sometimes when I'm downloading things and listening to music with windows media player it will blue screen. (again, too fast to read it)

I'm in a lot of stress because its happened about 3 times this week!
Please help!

System Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 Gigs PC3200 OCZ Platinum RAM
Chaintech S939 VNF4 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon X1600xt
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
7200RPM 80GB HDD
CD/DVD combo drive
With WinXP x64 (Maybe I got an early and buggy version of this?)

I believe I have the latest drivers for all my hardware.

I can provide extra information if needed

THANKS!

I've been getting the same thing as you....in exactly the same programs, although my hardware is different. Do you get the " Blah blah has caused a problem and needs to close" at all? Might be a device fault......or something with your hardware.....any hardware conflicts? If anyone has an input it's appreciated as I'm having these symptoms too.

Err.. Sorry I am unfamiliar with the term. I don't know how to post a "dump."

And maximus, I have sometimes been receiving that in CS:Source when it freezes. I do get them occasionally in other programs.

Go to C:\Windows\minidump and zip up as many of the most recent dump files (*.dmp) that will fit under the 100 KB file attachment limit. When you click post reply there's a second window titled Additional Options, in the middle is a Manage Attachments button, click that and in the window that opens select choose. Now browse to and select the zip file and click upload, when it's finished uploading close the window and and the zip file should be listed above the Manage Attachments button. You can now click submit reply.

mossimoboy said:
Ehh... rki none of my minidumps will fit in this post. They are all over 100 KB.
Zipping them up will greatly reduce the size. If all else fails you could always get winrar and multiple archive it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back