Lsass.exe system error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hi,

i recently performed a system restore, as several unexpected errors occured with applications such as AGV (which would not start) and WMP11 which would not play tracks. I do registry scans and defrag once a month as well to ensure my pc is kept working well. After completing system restore i booted up my pc and just before login the message 'lsass.exe system error' and about 10 seconds after my pc restarts itself and the same thing happens again and again. I cannot get into windows even using safe mode, and i suspect the problem my be hapening because i could have a virus.

does anybody have any sugestions about the problem or know how to cure my SERIOUS pc problem?

any helpful sugestions will be greatly appriciated

Manual system restore

At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line:
cd system32\config
ren system system.old
ren software software.old
ren SAM SAM.old
ren security security.old
ren default default.old
cd \
cd windows\repair
copy system C:\windows\system32\config\system
copy software C:\windows\system32\config\software
copy sam C:\windows\system32\config\sam
copy security C:\windows\system32\config\security
copy default C:\windows\system32\config\default

this sequence will return the system to the DAY-1 condition, ie EVERYTHING installed since then will need to be reinstalled.

this will get something working again, but you need to restore from a restore point that is more current and yet not contaminated.

google "restore system restore point"

No This will not return the system to Day ONE condition. It is like LKGC and none of the softwares will be uninstalled neither the data will be lost.

hum; have you ever tried this option? the \repair directory is minimal and the registry files there are NEVER updated from an install; ergo anything you've installed will be lost in the sense that the necessary registry entries will be missing even though all the files are still present ;(

here's one kb article

another

the procedure referencing the \repair folder is only STEP-1 of a THREE step process documented here

following all three steps is fruitful (ie it works well) as I can attest from my need to recover a corrupt registry :)

Ah Ha Moment

Jobeard, thanks for the insightful post with pointers how to use the Recovery Console to repair a corrupt registry that is preventing Windows from a successful start. I would ask that you add this information to our Guides & Solved Issues forum. I realize that the bulk of the information is in the Microsoft knowledge base, but posting in this forum makes for a jiffy reference. Two months ago, this would have saved me from myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back