Please help BSOD and driver irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAWAZNAWAF

Hello can u please help me
i keep getting the BSOD and driver irql_not_less_or_equal
and then i have to restart the computer
it started first there was no audio the audio settings were greyed out and was unable to slect
so i restarted my computer then evrythging was normal but soon after a while i got the bsod and driver irql_not_less_or_equal error
i tried everything
i had updated vlc player
so i thought that was the problem however
today also i got the error and vlc was not even running
i am going on vacation this wed if someone could help me before wednesday i can post any needed logs that are needed i am attaching the log showing event errors that i could record as asked in a previoues post
i have also ran a memory test
i have cleaned out cpu of dust and everything so it is not heating and also checked the connections
please help as soon as possible as i am going out of station for 45 days

i am attaching the

Every last .dmp pins the issue on "sbbotdi.sys", which belongs to software published by "SpeedBit Ltd." Whatever it is that you are using by this company (Download Accelerator Plus, SpeedOptimizer or SpeedBit Video Accelerator perhaps), uninstall and see if your issue clears up.

thanks alot

Thanks a million i have done that ill see if that is the cause of my problem i recently loaded speed video accelerator ( on the 18th ) i have that in my laptop no problems there so i didnt think that would have been the cause of this problem
ill see if this solves my problem
i also have Dap ill also check that out thanks again

i have removed the video accelerator the file sbbotdi.sys has also gone
i have been using dap for a long time but i have updated it recently could that be a problem
if i get the bsod again ill go back to the previous version of dap and see if my problem is solved thanks again

Hopefully that solved it :). You're welcome!

*Edit*

Sorry, hadn't seen your question the first time I read your post. If you've uninstalled the "SpeedBit Video Accelerator" and "sbbotdi.sys" is gone, I'd expect that the "Download Accelerator Plus" would be fine. If you continue to get blue screens of death, upload more minidumps.

I havent got the bsod so far but now my computer is really slow the pages dont open fast enough the documnets also taking forever to open the computer is sluggish what could be the cause of this problem thanks in advance

another BSOD

everything was fine except for the slow pc then suddenly i got another BSOD but this time the error was faulty driver writing to a kernel
the pc is also slow
please help leaving in 2 days and want to resolve this before leaving
i am attaching the mindump
thanks

BugCheck C4, {3c, 618, 82a90e70, 0}

Probably caused by : SPBBCDrv.sys (SPBBCDrv+4ce1e)

SPBBCDrv.sys belongs to Symantec's software. Review this support page by Microsoft.

Before you uninstall that, test your RAM with Memtest86 as it may be defective.

I have got 2 more bsods are u asking me to uninstall norton
I have done nothing with norton recently
I will ru memtest
I did another memory test but got no errors I am attaching 2 more minidumps
what is the reason th computer is slow
please help thanks

Attachments

• Mini032408-03.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
Dump 032408-02:

---------------------------------------------------------

Dump 032408-03:

BugCheck C4, {3c, 614, 82a90e70, 0}

---------------------------------------------------------

Test your RAM with Memtest86 before anything else. Let it run for a minimum of 7 passes, which is going to take several hours. You may also want to run a chkdsk on your HDD for the hell of it.

If they turn up clean, yes, uninstall Symantec's software.

i ran memory test which u asked it didnt take several hours around 30 min till it stopped and said no errors more than 115% passes
and asked me to exit
so memory is clean
chkdsk is also clean i also defraged yest and checked for trojans and viruses
ok ill try removing norton 360
why is the computer so slow
here is another minidump
when i
had the first bsod i didnt even have this many bsod and computer wsnt so slow

Some how, I don't believe you ran the test for 7 passes :). Anyway, within the last dump:

Dump 032408-04:

BugCheck C4, {3c, 624, 82a90e70, 0}

I know nothing about your PC. I don't know the hardware specifications, I don't know how you have things configured and what's installed. So far, all I can see is that you like mainstream fluff software that hogs system resources and given the errors you've been having, something isn't working properly. So, I can't tell you for sure why your PC is running "slow", from hundreds if not thousands of miles away. Once you get the BSOD issues resolved, disable excess services and processes from msconfig, perhaps that will help.

I have posted that link above, peterdiva :).

Post #9:

Zenosincks said:

SPBBCDrv.sys belongs to Symantec's software. Review this support page by Microsoft.

Before you uninstall that, test your RAM with Memtest86 as it may be defective.

i have run memtest for as long as it said press esc to exit
however i noticed i dont have SPBBCDRV.sys in my system maybe the previous bsod erased it or something i sarched for the file since it said in a site if it that file exists in c windows system it is amlware
when i searched there is no such file
maybe that is the prob
the system has been slow from this morning
i have a intel (R) Pentium 4 cpu 3.2 GHz
3.19 Ghz 504 Ram

Yes, follow that Microsoft page, it's why I posted it initially, and I'm sure peterdiva didn't post it if he didn't feel it was worth a shot :).

Complete the guide posted here as well if you feel it may be malware related.

If your BSOD's continue, I would uninstall Symantec's software (hell, I'd uninstall it anyway *barf*). If they still persist after uninstalling Symantec's software reseat your internal cables and components (especially your RAM).

You may also want to let Memtest86 run for an extended period of time. As far as I know, it will run in a continuous loop unless you intervene.

Same Error! Blue Screen! PLease help me.

I share a laptop with my dad and he has been complaining about pop ups and trying to help i read somewhere to disable everyhting on my startup list, so i did. and i restarted and from that point on i've had the blue screen.

Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back