Pc slow freezing on IE possible virus or process

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hey
I turned the Pc on the other day and for some reason it started crashing alot when i was using it. It seems to be when i start Iternet explorer and some other programms games firewall etc. I have attached a hijack this log if some one could have a look nd see. I have done a full system scan with Super anti spyware and also AVG free and adaware 2007. I know its not just junk because ive defragged the pc done a file clean up in tune up utilities and also on windows and cleaned the registry and defragged it as well as removing some programs. I duno however whether it may be a process running twice but yer if you could look it would be great :D

Now I feel like a prat :dead: :blush: its there now o and im on windows XP btw

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 5
Next please follow these instructions. Your version of Hijackthis is out of date AND installed in wrong folder

First please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/remove programs and uninstall Hijackthis.

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log into your reply.

Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

hey
dont know if any one has had a chance to look at the HJT log yet but ive got my removable hard rive back wit some of the virus programs ive used before. Ive done a vuno and virtmundo be gone (i thinnk thats spelled right) and they brought back nothing. I also did a combo fix and it brought back one result (have attached log). Also i did a AVG scan in safe mode and it brought up a change in a host file in the drivers file. Ive saved it in a TXT document and attached it because i dont like the look of some of the stuff on it. I have ha to split the host file over 3 TXT documents because it exceeded the limit.

Sorry, your post must have slipped me by, ill look over them now, quick question why are you still on SP1?

Thats ok. I am stil on service pack one because i had a problem i cant remember what but a reapir technitian was re formatting my hard drive and deleated the partition with the info on for my recovery disk for my PC and didnt tell me. So when i went to re install windows for another problme some years later we found that the recovery disk could not find the files it needed and didnt work. So i had to live with his copy of windows which didnt have the right registration number and so when i went to update to service pack two windows said the copy was illegal and so i cant download it or any other windows item. Also its professional but the origional registration number supplied with my pc was for home so also that caused problmes when i tryed to change it. Hope that makes sense :p

Ok rev_olie,

Geek U is a great school, I would stick with it.

Also,

: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back