Nero 6 Users Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

For those of you who have jumped on to using Nero 6, beware. There is a bug in Nero 6 that could wipe out your hard drive.

Nero 6 contains a 'bug' that could delete your entire harddrive. The bug is introduced with the Nero 6 Recode project. Bug might even not be the correct word for it, it seems more that Ahead forgot to limit the feature to empty the destination folder for temporarily files.

If this destination directory is set to the root of a disc (e.g C : \) and if the question: "Destination folder is not empty, do you wish to clear it" is answered with yes, all files will be deleted.

Whoa! THAT WOULD SUCK. THANKS ACID (sorry for caps)

Some one needs to put this on the Frontpage plz!

Yea, really, I saw this and I know that a lot of people on TS have upgraded their versions of Nero so I wanted to make sure they knew about this issue. Would definately not be cool if your hard drive got erased unexpectedly in any case.

Holy crap that would really piss me off. I was just getting ready to go take it off my computer once I saw the headline. I can deal with this problem, per say though. As long as I don't use it when I am not thinking and just hit "YES". Oh boy, I might remove it anyway, that would be totally scary. Or I guess I could just set it to another drive....Yeah I'll probably do that, but I still don't want to lose everything on that drive either.

Man what a bunch of crap

i think if you leave the folder on the default temporary folder and not change it to the root folder (i.e. "C:\") then it should be okay. i read that the problem had to do with the program nero recode. just in case i do something dumb, i'll stay away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back