WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

smugglez

WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

I have tried deleting the file and restarting the computer as someone has said in one of the previous topics. Well that did not work and I need some help with this please. Thank you.

What are your system specs? What have you recently installed to cause this problem? When do you get htis error? Any further information is greatly appreciated and will help us solve your problem faster.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

sounds like you may have been hacked. Check your services and your system processes. Check your recycler dir and search for a serv-u.ini servudaemon.ini

Well, it's not my computer. It's the schools computer and yes they do download a lot of things that they don't know of. I am just trying to help them out and rid their computers of viruses, etc. Well they took off the find button so I cannot look for files that way. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hey m8 i know this file
this file is a hacked servu file hackers use this to hack different systems they using a scanner to scan the ips and i think they have scanned your ip and try to acces on your computer that was sucsesfull that means that you 've not installed a firewall or protect your pc to this stuff.
Ok you can do different things the most dir what they use are those:

c:\RECYCLER\
c:\winnt\system32\Setup
c:\winnt\system32\ias

or in c:\progam-files

you can look for the servudaemon.ini do in start->search then type this:
*.*.ini then look if you see a ini and copy him to your desktop and watch whats in there you can see what port they use for acces on your pc try with a ftp client to connect on that port with your own pc. look if winmgnt.exe is also there if you hve luck you can delete the file or try the same in search for winmgnt.exe it can be possible that they have put it in a another dir. If you can delete it you have luck otherwhise if you have guest acces on your school pc you cant disable the proces ask the system administrator of your school to login and try to disable the system and delete the file. The .ini file can also be a .dll file servudaemon.dll or ml_hconf.dll.

i wish you good luck and i hope i have helped you out

greets ;)

Also, since you have no access to find, go to cmd/command/cprompt

and in dos type

net start

That will list the services that are running. If you see something about serv-u, then you know its been hacked. Better hackers will use a modded serv-u that called a new service, but this sounds like amatures. Thankfully for you :D

yep stephen u r totaly right modded files are the stuff for hackers at this moment ;)
you can also do this
when you do net start and you see a service winmgnt.exe you can kill it with pskill.exe or kill.exe type this

kill or pskill.exe winmgnt.exe

;)

good luck

I can not find the cmd file you were talking about Stephen. Could you varify where to find this please?

A good idea would be to install an Anti Virus program. Something like Avast would pick up any of these files as trojans.

if your start menu is limited/locked down, hit the windows key and press R

this will bring the run menu up.

type:

cmd

BINGO! :D

ok I typed that in nothing about Serv-u...sooo blah :eek:

EDIT: And I typed in windows key and hit R and it said it is restricted :dead:

ok, download a little app called "process explorer" with this, you can see all the dependencies and the processes it links to. It gives the full paths etc

atleast you will be able to see if the process is genuine.

Smugglez. I feel your pain. I have the exact same issue. WinMgt.exe has generated an error.... comes up every 20 seconds or so. I can't access the internet through My DSL (earthlink) I have found guests with names like C$ and I WAM. It started after a night of music downloads. I have tried very hard to get connected through my DSL . its been over a month now and still get winpoet error 797. I use(ed) norton 2003 religously it has failed to detect any virus's. Other strange happenings. My computer has over 20 network adapters "Eacfilt.miniport network adapters". Windows wont let me uninstall them it says they are required for boot up.?! to make a long story shorter norton symantechs told me that solve my problem it would be best that I replace my harddrive. with a new one and ditch my old one. it sounds drastic but I am at my wits end..,,. :blackeye: any help out there. is this going around ?

Found Solution

To resolve this behavior, delete and then re-create the files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder:
1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Under Services and Applications, click Services, and then turn off and stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
3. Delete all of the files that are in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder. (Make a backup copy before you delete the files.)
Open Services and Applications, click Services, and then turn on and start the Windows Management Instrumentation service.

This was done on Windows 2000 ...worked great

Hi Iam having the same problem with Winmgmt.exe has generated a error and Ive been trying all of the info on this forum but I still cant figure it our Is there a more simple wording or explanations to put into fixing this problem. My Cpu doesnt seem to have some of the things that the other s have on their
cpu.

thanks rottie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back