Graphics are running too fast in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiteblooded

For some reason, the graphics in the majority of my games are running very fast (as the game was being fast-forwarded). The sound is normal. On windows media player, videos run at the correct speed, but judder slightly.

It's very annoying, because it means that I can't play any of my games :dead: lol, but for some reason call of duty 4 works perfectly. The games that run too fast include medieval 2 and half life 2 (as well as CS:S).

I've had this problem before (I had it directly after a fresh install of vista...(lol, as if my computer was 'born' with this problem)), but I can't remember how I fixed it (it's been working fine for about 5 months), and I'm not all that good with computers... so I thought I'd ask for your help. Just so you know, I haven't installed/downloaded anything to stop it from working. This problem has arisen since I went on HL2, and changed the HL2 graphic options... But for some reason, it's affected my entire computer. I've changed the settings back to what they were before, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

This computer is runing vista 32, and has an amd athelon dual core x64, and an nVidia 8600GT. The 8600 GT driver is up to date.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks, Whiteblooded

hi,u and i have the same pc configuration,only thing what u'll have to try is to download and install latest amd dual core optimizer from amd website so that your system runs according to your requirement,nither fast,nor slow,i also had this sort of problems while running some games,later i used above mentioned software...thank u,let me know if u can fix it...

i think your other games aren't supported by your OS or not compatible with your processor and your video card.

your COD 4 works right and somehow its a latest game but medieval and CS:S are maybe old.

Hmmm CS S is DX9 game, Why should it be old for his card LOL ,

Maybe you should downgrade if you don't like the speed LOL,, gl,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back