Windows Vista Upgrade or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have Windows XP and I am thinking about upgrading to Windows Vista for Directx 10. So I have a few questions on Vista:

1) If I upgrade to Windows Vista can I go back to Windows XP without having to backup my data?

2) Can I use the same serial number for 2 of my computers? (Is it legal?)

3) Are my system specs (as listed below) high enough to have Windows Vista running quickly?
Asus P5GC-MX/1333 MOBO
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB DDR2 Video Card
1GB DDR2 667 Trancend Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz Processer
450W Power Suply
(Sorry I forgot to post them earlier)

Thats all I have to ask. Please reply quickly because I only have 2 weeks to decide! Thanks!

1. No, but you could set up a dual boot.
2. No
3. Don't know, probably. Without a CPU, amount of RAM, and video card used its hard to say for sure. Will it install, yes, will it run as nice as XP? Depends.

In my opinion vista is not worth the problems it has atm. I would simply stick with what works (xp) until they get vista sorted out.

Yes you will be able to revert back after you install windows vista if it is a "Custom Installation" rather than Upgrade or Full installation.
Yes both the product key will be active and it is legal

Note : Custom installation is nothing but doing a full installation without formatting the harddrive so that it will take a backup of the previous installation files in the name of windows.old

stech1000 said:
Yes you will be able to revert back after you install windows vista if it is a "Custom Installation" rather than Upgrade or Full installation.
Yes both the product key will be active and it is legal

Can you confirm that? EULA says it invalidates your XP if you do an Upgrade. (although there is the install twice workaround)
Source: Vista EULA (warning .pdf)
13. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligiblefor the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from.

Also, please do not advertise another support site in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back