Sata drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rud3bwoy

So was using my pc today and i have 2 500 gig sata 2 drives from wd,anyway

all of a sudden my f drives gets randomly disconnected,now i opend up the system and start to re plug both hard drives in different sata ports to see if the sata ports were screwed, won't connect no matter what,all the sata ports work btw tried putting in my dvd roms where my hard drives where and they were being picked up,now it will connect and randomly disconnect by it self,hard drives going bad?both seem to be doing this,what can be the cause of this?

tried hooking it up to my mothers windows xp pc and not being picked up in the bios nor the disk management,nor the program to partition it..

so safe to assume that both drives got fd up?

i was also getting this error before

Also getting this error

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

But both drives are plugged in and of course the hard drive is set to boot up first....nor can i format,i went ahead and bought 2 seagate 32 mb l2 cache drives 500 gigs,safe to assume the drives just had its time?

i have had both of these drives for the same amount of time like 2-3 years,but dam...how the heck do both drives just go out?yea man i already went ahead and bought 2 seagate drives,more updated i will just rma these both and re sell

If you can't test one at a time
Then write that in the report (HardDrive failed or something) If it's under warranty anyway. The page link above will tell you this.

Anyway, you already solved it by getting new ones, as you said

yea can't test it,not being picked it in my main pc nor my mothers,my only main concern is i am scared it will happen to my new drives,just hope its not my psu that fd it up or something

well kim i thought i should tell you this

i took out my mothers serial ata to put into my system

picked up by the bios with no issues,

also looking closer at my serial ata,the power connector on the hd the black part seems to be cut off like it was broken off,so that might of caused the issue,but still can't figure out how that caused the other drive to go as well..

but at least i am at mind,got my new drives coming in which is better and solved the issue

Thanks for the update.

You know I had two exact same HardDrives (can't remember make, probably WD I like those) Bought at the same time.
One was in a computer not used much
One was in another computer used all the time
Both HardDrives failed exactly at the same time (well within a couple of weeks of eachother) after about a year of usage.
I found that strange, like they had some type of time delay.
Anyway, I still say HardDrive, ever since post #2

both of the hds were wd 5000 akks or somehting like that 500 gb

hopefully i have better luck with seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back