Installing windows crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

Right I am installing Windows Xp home from a legit disk, which I have used before. I got it installed fine, then I realised I didn't give windows a 20gb partition and instead let it use the whole hard drive which is what I didn't want to do. I decided just to reformat the hard drive for the second time today as I had a lot of time on my hands.

I began the reformat and it all went smoothly, when it got to the bit where it reboots to go into the actual windows it did that, but as it booted up I just got BSOD after BSOD. So I tried booting into the windows disk again...

As soon as I get to the page where it asks me if I want to "Install, Repair or Exit" my computer stalls for 5 seconds and then turns itself off.

I've checked all my hardwire diagnostically (Taking out pieces and seeing if the problem still occurs) but it still happens every time.

I've got a
Pentium 4 at 3.0ghz
Foxconn motherboard (Not sure which model)
1gb 3200 dim ram and another 512mb ram (I have tried with or without each one)
An 80gb hard drive
And a dvd drive.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? It is becoming very frustrating and I've even screwed up my mums computer from trying to switch my hard drive with hers etc etc but i've fixed that now.

Thanks

Perhaps by now you have solved the problem.

Shutdown problem - power supply or overheating cpu top my list.

Use a different boot media to confirm if is related to windoze: ubantu, bartpe, ultimate boot cd, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back