Medieval II total war installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing medieval II total war gold edition for about 6-8 months now. I recently tried to add the stainless steel mod but discovered it was for the wrong patch so just uninstalled the game then was planning to re-install fresh.

But now when attempt to reinstall i get an error saying "Medieval II total war gold failed to install medieval II total war : aborting installation"

So i cleaned the disc as best i could and tried again only to get the same error.

I then system restored back a week to when the game was installed and unpatched but now when i try to play the game the launcher shows up but the game window doesn't open, a small box says CA_LIBS

I was thinking possibly a dvd drive problem? Strange considering i was playing it yesterday then turned the comp straight off afterwards.

I'll get the dxdiag if you think you need to see it (the comp i'm installing on to doesn't have net connected)

2g RAM
GeForce 7600 GT Superclocked 512mb

Just tried it on my 2nd comp that is connected to the internet and it worked fine, but i want it on my good comp :(
Well i know it's not the disc now, so i'm assuming it's the drive but any thoughts would be appreciated

lmao this is how i fixed it....

I put the disc in and clicked install... when the loading mouse cursor wouldn't come up i punched the side of the computer (as you do) and it loaded lol.

I had already checked the dvd drive connections and they were fine so why punching it would make it work i have no idea lol.

lucky it's a heavy duty case ;)

Good to see "traditional" methods still work. :)

It might be a sign your DVD drive is starting to act up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back