Slave not seen but recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarecrow1

i reformmatted my harddrive and reload windows xp. after the install things are off to a great start. clean install. problem is the slave is in the bios in the system but does not come up with a recognized letter. i uninstalled the drives and reinstalled them and that went great and the ccomputor sais it sees the hardware but i still have the same problem.. trouble in cali.. help!!

scarecrow1

How is it connected (Primary slave, Secondary master, Secondary Slave or Cable Select)? Is it jumpered correctly?

primary slave and ..everything worked perfect until i screwed up the xp program. having to reboot which is running great

So, on an 80 wire 40 pin cable it is connected to the middle connnector.

Have you tried using Disk Manager and assigning a drive letter?

one thing i failed to mentionis the slave has information on it. now do i partion it or convert it to dynamic,. i am a little confused because i donot see how i can give it a letter yet either.

If it has info you don't want to lose STOP NOW!

Wait for someone more versed in that area.

I NEVER have unbacked up data to lose.

yes it does. not when i installed the xp i had to format the master drive. this on in the volume tab says i have all unallocated space.? it does not show a pie chart of useage. so i need to do somethign different here. darn it i thought this was going to be a sinch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back