Broken new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I couldn't find an appropriate section but I'm guessing this is as good as any.

Basically I have just built a new PC, this is what I have in it -

Antec Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 95W G0 Stepping
Asus Striker II Extreme nVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLi Socket 775
Corsair HX1000W Modular PSU
Asus Silent Knight II CPU Cooler
OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C6 1333MHz ReaperX (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR3
Compro VideoMate DVB-E700 Digital TV Internal PCI-E
Asus GeForce GTX 280 1GB PCI-E 2.0
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
3 x Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Reader & HD-DVD ROM Serial ATA Drive
Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24"

My problem is that I don't seem to have any stability in Vista, it crashes or rather freezes as I have never seen a bsod but everything will lock up.

I have no consistency as to when either as it could be while logging on or opening the control panel or updating the system.

I have installed all the latest drivers and flashed my bios and I am now lost.

Can anyone help please?

Cycle your ram (1 out, operate for a while, then the other in and that one out) to check it out.

Watch your operating voltages/temps while something like an AV program is running (Everest will let you do this as will Belarc I believe and others).

Ohh GOD DO I KNOW YOUR WOES.....

Give me one second for a link. Also, do you have your LCD poster connected?

That ram is very touchy, and so is the mobo. update the bios on the mobo ASAP to atleast 0901 (i think thats the minimum revision for the ram) make sure the voltage is manually set for your ram, and not manual. I think the stock voltage for the ram is 1.74v, or 1.75v, im at work so I cant see it atm.

You can see the progression of my situation in this thread... - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic111577.html

Feel free to read, and check it out. Good luck man.

Edit : you have almost the identical system to me.... nice :) (its amazing when it works.)

if the stock setting for the 1.74v or 1.75v set it to 1.80v. the BIOS will have to be updated to get the ram to work, unless the board came with the latest BIOS.

Fixed

Well after doing a load of research and speaking to various people I seem to now have a stable machine. In the end it was just a couple of BIOS tweaks to memory setting.

Ran in linked mode 1:1 and forced the bus to run at 1333 set timings to 6-5-5-18 and bumped up the voltage to 1.84 also set the CMD to T2 this seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back