Problem with a new pc - cpu too hot 100 G. Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I bought a new pc a few days ago...
Cpu E8500 2*3,16Ghz
Asus Rampage Formula Socket775
Corsair DDR2 Ram 4GB
Asus EnGtx 280 OC

after installing vista some strange things happens. Bios told me that the cpu gots 100 C
directly after booting or at any other time. Also got some trouble with installing files or get connection to the web.
I already put some new cooling paste on the cpu. It also wasn´t that easy to put the cooler on the cpu because there is a relly stupid system. I got the feeling that the board could braektrough if I try it harder.
Every time I start the pc it make some noise and an error message shows up and told me that an unknown cpu is there and that the cpu is to hot.

I heard some thoeries that it is necessary to update bios but i am not sure about and now I really hope that some1 got usefull advice´s for me

You shouldn't be that hot with the stock CPU. You either built it wrong, or don't have the fan connected to any power, have your bios temp warning thresholds set to something absurdly low (likely not the problem), or your bios is screwed (also unlikely).

Go ahead and update your bios I guess. You can't hit 100C instantly on a CPU, at least not any modern one, and it will throttle down and keep the temp around 70C max if there is any sort of heatsink contact at all. So maybe you are reading F not C, or maybe you just completely put it together wrong.

It was the bios update... I checked the version on my motherboard and it was rev.1.00. At least I needed min 4.07 so I have installed 4.10 and now bios shows me nice 40 degrees.
After reinstalling vista with the newest bios Version all other problems also disappear.
Now Chrysis works on highest settings without laggs, thx for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back