Google redirect virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past two days, google has been redirecting me to completely different sites from what I searched. I downloaded AVG Anti-Virus, ran a scan and it is still doing it. Help, please!

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups: (should be most!)

Install Avira free AntiVirus (make sure that you only have one AntiVirus installed though)

Have a look at:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Thanks for the feedback, but you are not done yet

Re-open HJT and this time just do a Scan.
Locate the following and place a tick next to each one:
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: MostFun.lnk = C:\Program Files\MostFun\Bin\MostFun.exe
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {0e6a2db2-3266-49b3-bfd4-928c631b61ea} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll
Select Fix to the above, then close HJT

Next, go to Control Panel > Programs Add or Remove and uninstall MostFun If found.

Restart, and go to Safe Mode
Safe Mode is accessed by repeatively pressing F8 function key just before Windows Startup. Then select Safe Mode. Log into an Administrator account (this may be your account)

Now, using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\MostFun\ .... and delete this folder.
You might also do a search for this file:
c:\softarea51\MostFun-MostFun.exe <--- if found, delete what I've bolded

Also locate: C:\Program Files\Vongo and delete the bolded folder there as well.

Next locate C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll and delete the bolded file stated

Restart normally back to Normal Mode

------------------

Once back in Normal Mode, please do the following:

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Locate the downloaded Combofix. Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)
ComboFix will also restart your computer (eventually) and then (eventually) create a log

Save this log file to be attached to a new reply
Restart back to Normal mode, and attach the Combofix log

Also do another scan with HJT (scan and log file) and attach this to a new reply as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back