BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wize

I got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing a game. It's not the first time I get this BSOD, but now I got a Minidump. I was hoping anyone here could read it?
This BSOD has been bugging me for a quite some time, and I would like to know the cause.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump debuglog.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
Wize, this error of yours is either caused by hardware or a faulty driver. Unfortunately your debug log doesn't cite anything specific. So in your next post attach the minidump file itself. There will be an attachment button at the bottom. Since you only have one dump there is no need to zip it, just attach it.

The only thing that might be important is the ArmyOPs.exe.

Thank you,
I have attached the minidump now. After I posted this I read the topic "Before posting your minidumps, please read this". So I'm going to try that too. I've done the chkdsk and it couldn't find any damaged sectors, so I hope that's fine. Tomorrow I'm going to run a memtest and hopefully that'll give me some information.

And ArmyOps.exe is from America's Army 2, so I don't think that's anything bad.

Sorry for double posting but I don't think my thread gets bumped it I edit.

Anyway, I just let memtest run overnight, and it has done 18 passes and I got 0 errors. Which is kinda annoying because if it did give an error atleast I would've know the problem of the Bsods and get a new ram stick. So I need help. I did both of my ram sticks at the same time, should I now do just one of them? Or doesn't that really matter because I got 0 errors when I did both of them.

Not quite sure what to do now, probably going to clean my pc thoroughly later, maybe something just dirty.

Thanks in advance.

I read your minidump and it was another 0xA but it only said Unknown_Module.

By the way, kudos on 18 Passes. Too many people don't even do the required 7. You don't need to run the test on the individual sticks.

Give us your system specs including make and model of your motherboard, amount of RAM and make, plus security software.

Thanks, I just left it running while sleeping and it got to 18 passes and nearly 60% within 10 hours.

System specs:
AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 4600+ at 2,41 GHz
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3
nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
2x 1024MB DDR2 400 MHz, Manufacturer is PDP Systems

Thing about my Motherboard is, no program can find the manufacturer. Everest says unknown and CPU-Z can't find it either. But I read somewhere on Google, after looking up the model, it's an nVidia chipset on a MSI motherboard. Can't post the link but it's
www .d-a-l.com/help/drivers/49846-pci-bridge-device.html#post132157

Model of my Motherboard is NF-MCP61.
And I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

I hope this is all you need.

EDIT:
So, I just got another Bsod, this time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Funny thing is this happened for the third time on the same site doing the same thing. I got it again of the same browser game.
It said:
0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

Looked around on http:/ /haumha.org/a/stop.htm and found it. But one link directed me to a Resource Kit, which wasn't very useful to me, and another link directed me to the Microsoft site to download a hot fix for this problem. I downloaded it but my service pack was higher so I didn't needed it anymore, it said.

Nice system and I use that antivirus as well. What version of NOD32 is it? They have had issues with thei 4.0 release but their 2.0 and 3.0 is stable.

That 0xD1 is usually due to faulty drivers. Post those 0xD1 error minidumps.

Another very handy and free tool is SIW. Give that a try some time.

It's version 3.0.650.0.
And for some weird reason, I didn't get a minidump when I crashed. I can't find it at C:\WINDOWS\Minidump.

And SIW is System Information for Windows?

Is it only this one game you are having issues with? Any BSODs from other things you are doing?

No, I can pretty much get a BSOD from every game. Games like: Rome: Total War, Medieval 2: Total War, FlyFF, WoW, Settlers 6, Anno 1701, America's Army 2, Black & White 2, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, nearly every game I have.

But two games that are alot more demanding than the games that do give a BSOD are Supreme Commander and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. And these two don't give BSODs.

Sounds like a video card driver issue. I suggest doing this if you haven't already done so...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thanks,

I will do that right now.

EDIT:

I just finished it. Not everything went right at first, I went into Safe Mode, used Driver Cleaner Pro and searched with nVidia. Then he cleaned the drivers and I installed the lasted one (185.85) and restarted the pc. But when I got back in my account, it looked like the driver wasn't installed at all. So I installed it then, and rebooted again. But I hope that causes no problems else I'll just redo it.

I really hope this has helped.

My PC just crashed again, but after I restarted I looked at the temperature and I started thinking that maybe my PC is too hot.
After I restarted these were the temperatures:

Motherboard: 43 °C
CPU: 25 °C
Aux 19 °C
GPU 88 °C
Hard disk 40 °C

The seems to have a very very high temperature, and I doubt that's good. Unless a sensor isn't working correctly anymore or Everest got it wrong.

I have one fan, not counting the video card's fan, which goes around 3068 RPM.

Ow! 88c = 190.4 F!!! I would definitely say you've got a heat problem with your video card. Either up your fan RPMs or get a third party cooler for your vid card.

Motherboard seems a little hot too though CPU is excellent and for a harddrive very good temps.

I would check out all fans and see how your system airflow is; you need more system fans. Perhaps a new case will do the trick, but you still need to do something about the fan on your vid card. Excessive heat will shut down a system real fast.

I just cleaned my pc and the airflow seems fine. But one of my fans is making alot of noise now so I probably didn't secure it well.

Can I use SpeedFan to up my fans RPM? But I'll definitely get a new fan either way.

With some experience with that board, we would guess your video graphics is bad... or at least the driver is... If your board is a year old by now, which it appears to be, you might best by borrowing a video gard... or buying a newer, better one.

Yes, I will probably just do that. I will either get a nVidia Geforce 8600 GT or go for the better 8800 one. I think the fan of that card is broken too.
Last year my pc wouldn't start anymore, so I brought it back to the store, and since then the fan has been making alot of noise. Even more after I just cleaned it.
So I guess that's why it got so hot.

Could you guys give me any advise on which video card to buy?

Give us a budget and we'll take it from there. I take it gaming is your primary goal? If the fan is indeed broke that will explain a lot of your issues.

Gaming is indeed my primary goal. And for the budget I don't think it should cost more than €150. My dad says it's still a good video card so he doesn't want to spend alot on it, and I don't have a job at the moment. So I can't spend much on it either.

EDIT: I now just went back to the store, and he sprayed something on the fan. Now it's running smoother, alot more silenced and at 42 °C after start up. That might just have solved the problem.

Keep an eye on that fan and especially the temps when it is under load as you game. If it does begin to fail again a third party cooling fan might just do the trick. It certainly will be cheaper.

I will keep that in mind. But this noon it did reboot once again, but no BSOD or minidump. And I don't think anything was too hot. Maybe the motherboard at 40 °C , but I don't know if that's too hot. The video card was at 55 °C.

What kind of temperatures should be normal while playing a game?

That depends on your card. My advice is to read as much as you can on your particular video card and the temperature range it is deemed safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back